Data Engineer - Big Data
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities Data Engineer
The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimising data systems and building them from the ground up.
- Analyze and organize raw data
- Evaluate business needs and objectives
- Interpret trends and patterns
- Conduct complex data analysis, quality analysis and report on results
- Prepare data for data analytics purposes
- Combine raw information from different sources
- Explore ways to enhance data quality and reliability
- Identify opportunities for data acquisition
- Develop analytical tools and programs
The Data Engineer will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on client projects and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects.
They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience as a solution designer, developer, tester or support role in IT Consulting or other technology business units across the industry
- Data Modelling (logical and physical), SQL
- Previous experience as a data engineer or in a data warehousing role and/or data integration
- Previous experience in data quality products/tools
- Previous experience in data integration products/tools (ETL)
- Solid understanding of data quality and cleansing techniques
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise Desirable Skills and experience
- Python, Scala or Jave experience
- Cloud experience, mainly on data products
- BM Inforshpher (DataStage and QualityStage) experience
- Big data experience (MapReduce, Spark, Hive)
- CRM products (i.e Salesforce)