Data Center Decommissioning Technician
DESCRIPTION At Amazon the Decommissioning Technical team is responsible for processing and facilitating large scale legacy Data Center equipment through a liquidation process to ensure that targeted equipment is ready to be removed from the premises. We are seeking Data Center Decommissioning Technician who will process large volumes of customer data to ensure that all customer data is sanitized and properly managed. Amazon Data Centers are 24x7 environments. All interested candidates must be willing to work rotating shifts (day/night) as well as weekends. Data Center Decommissioning Technicians may also be required to wear a pager for communication, information, emergency, and on-call situations. Technicians will be working in a team environment not only with other teams must be able to communicate and promote cross-team functionality.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS Qualified Candidates must be:
* A highly motivated, dependable individual
* Have strong attention to detail, maintain high quality standards
* Learn quickly
* Highly motivated
* Able to work with minimal supervision
* Basic Understanding of computer hardware and components
* Employment for all candidates is contingent upon pass a background check.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Data Center Decommissioning Technician will be responsible for:
- Decommissioning and processing of legacy hardware out of the data center facilities
- Moving/lifting packages
- Unpacking/repacking fragile electronics
- Relocating and moving of large enterprise equipment
- Operate HDD and SSD destruction machinery
- Creating/attaching labels and barcodes
- Hard drive installation and removal, and destruction
- Basic Networking removal/installation and clearing of configurations.
- Physical layer and Application layer
- Updating progress through a web ticketing system
- Reporting of processes and regular status updates
- Documenting procedures
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age. Amazon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.