Data Center Construction Cost Engineer
The Data Center Construction Estimating and Cost Control (CECC) team is part of a larger, highly creative and driven team dedicated to deploying our continuously evolving Amazon data center facilities. As a Construction Cost Engineer, you will be responsible for providing contract support, guidance and recommendations to the project delivery team to insure cost management and analysis across a portfolio of fast paced construction projects. You will be involved in the full life cycle of construction projects while working with motivated experts from design, construction, procurement, finance and legal teams to deliver efficient and innovative data centers. You will help drive multimillion dollar projects utilizing Amazon Leadership principles including frugality and insist on the highest standards across the Asia Pacific region.
At Amazon, we are diverse, creative, team oriented professionals who leverage unique opportunities presented to us on a daily basis to develop data centers that are changing the face of data facilities
Success as a Construction Cost Engineer is measured by:
• Utilizing tools and templates for bid analysis and cost management
• Engaging and managing third party Quantity Surveyor contracts
• Working seamlessly with multi-disciplinary teams, both internal and external
• Communicating cost control goals to all stakeholders effectively
• Identify Value Engineering opportunities in the design and quantify the savings
• Identify project risks and the financial cost impacts associated and communicate to the broader team
• Updating repository for historical data
• Defining and tracking cost performance metrics
• Analyzing and providing timely feedback of vendor proposals using AWS benchmark data
• Creating accurate bid leveling documents
• Providing cost analysis of schedule variations
• Validating the final award amount and scope based on contract documents including schedule
• Implementing, maintaining and executing all cost control, change management, progress and performance reporting
• Validating change cost impacts
• Ensuring vendor invoices are accurate and timely
• Supporting the construction team with project close-out and final payments
• Delivering results for multiple projects with completing priorities on a consistent basis Basic Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree in Construction Cost Management or Quantity Surveying or equivalent and 5 years of experience in construction cost control fields, with specific knowledge of electrical, mechanical and ASC cost elements. Data center experience a plus.
• Demonstrated experience leading and training project teams
• Ability to interpret contract terms, conditions and exhibits as applicable to project requirements
• Windows Power User skill set, proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, and estimating software such as CostX
• Travel is required Preferred Qualifications
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
• Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
• Experience with Data Center or other mission critical construction environments
• Ability to create and maintain processes for project documentation before, during and after construction
• Ability and willingness to think outside of the box to find creative and innovative solutions prior to and during the construction process to reduce costs with no impact on quality and reliability.
• Demonstrated experience developing and justifying budgets, and managing financial performance.
• Possess excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and be able to maintain high quality standards.