Data Center - Inventory Control Tech
DESCRIPTION AWS is looking to hire a motivated and enthusiastic Data Center - Inventory Control Technician to join the growing team within infrastructure delivery as part of delivering AWS date centers deployments. Work includes physically walking data center floor space to visually identify, capture and record data collected. Reporting audit findings through ticketing systems with clear and concise communication to capacity planning.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Ability to exhibit good written and oral communication skill.
• Proficient with computers and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
• 1 + years of relevant IT experience.
• Ability to travel within geographical work area is required, up to 20% travel outside traditional work area will be required.
• Ability to adjust priorities according to fluctuating needs and deadlines.
• Commitment to a culture of safety & security
• Knowledge of Inventory Management tools
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • AS/BS in Information Systems, Computer Science or Information Technology, may be coupled with professional certifications
• Basic Networking knowledge such as TCP/IP and routing protocols.
• Experience with infrastructure technologies, best practices and methodologies.
• Experience in troubleshooting networking, routing and inter connectivity issues, including troubleshooting of network device configuration and low to mid-level application interaction
• Specify Power and Cooling requirements and ensure Hardware Racking/Stacking completed for new equipment.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age. Amazon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.