Data Analytics Professional, Transaction Diligence (Transaction Advisory Services) - Australia and New Zealand
Our Transaction Advisory Services (TAS) team works with clients to manage their connected capital solutions (strategy, corporate finance, buy and integrate, sell and separate and reshaping results) to drive competitive advantage and increased returns. As part of a global team of 17,000 professionals in 100 countries you will advise clients on preserving, optimising, raising or investing capital.
Join our Transaction Diligence team and you will work with many of the world's largest organisations, fastest-growing companies and private equity firms on some of the most complex deals in the global market. Through analysis of financial, commercial and operational data, our transaction diligence professionals provide insights to key decision-makers that help them increase value and reduce the risks and uncertainty inherent in transactions. You will help to identify key value drivers, challenge assumptions about future performance, search for and advise on hidden value, and work with other EY service teams to deliver an integrated approach to our clients before, during and after the transaction.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That's how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in doing so, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
We are now looking for a Data Analytics professional to join our Transaction Diligence team in our major offices across Australia and New Zealand.
In your role, you will:
- Use analytical software to access, transform, integrate, analyse and visualise large amounts of data
- Drive value by using data analytics to deal with large, disparate volumes of data, to quickly gain critical insights
- Help clients to interpret data, pick trends and underlying issues hidden in data, as well as provide strategic input into potential M&A transactions, strategic initiatives and programs
- Establish relationships with both client and EY personnel at appropriate levels and consistently deliver quality client services
- Stimulate innovative thinking driving analysis and client service delivery
- Drive high-quality work products within expected timeframes and on budget.
We're looking for people with the following experiences:
What we look for
- A degree in Accounting, Mathematics, Applied Statistics, Computer Science, Actuarial Studies, Engineering or a related discipline
- Post graduate qualification in data analytics or similar data discipline is desirable
- A high level of enthusiasm for working with large data sets and learning new methodologies, applications and skills for analysis, ideally with experience in data analytics
- A demonstrated ability to clearly & concisely present data, conclusions, and recommendations such that they bring insight and improve clients' decision making processes
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills, with an enquiring mind willing to learn new skill sets
- Ideally have knowledge of programming languages including SQL, R-Language and Python
- Ideally have experience visualising data using enterprise tools including Spotfire, Alteryx. Tableau and Power BI
We're interested in leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you'll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes. If you're serious about Transaction Advisory Services and ready to take on some of our clients' most complex issues, this role is for you. What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and the value you bring. Our Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working, career development, and an extensive range of wellbeing and benefit offerings. We are happy to consider formal and informal flexible working arrangement. To find out how some of our people are using these arrangements to help them achieve a lifestyle balance, please click here . Who we are
EY is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer offering a vast range of internal networks including Unity, our LGBTI network and our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander network. These provide our people with the opportunity to connect across offices and allow us all to embrace and value the diverse society we live within. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive work environment. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application. About EY
As a global leader in assurance , tax , transaction and advisory services , we're using the finance products, knowledge and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Join us in building a better working world.
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider.
© 2018 Ernst & Young Australia. All Rights Reserved. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.