Data Analytics Audit Manager, Internal Audit
Some careers have more impact than others
We're looking for progressive minds who are driven, perceptive and forward-thinking, who are open
to different ideas and cultures, who can connect
with our customers and who will work with courageous integrity
As an HSBC employee in Australia, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes market leading subsidised private health cover, enhanced parental pay/benefits and support when you return to work, wellness days and wellbeing programs as well as a highly flexible workplace culture.
Global Internal Audit provides independent, objective assurance to management and the risk and audit committees as to whether the framework of risk management, control, and governance processes, as designed and represented by management, is adequate and functioning. The function comprises a number of Global Teams (covering Global Business Lines and Functions, Risk and Digital Business Services), Regional Audit and Country Audit Teams.
Joining the team in the role of Data Analytics Audit Manager, Internal Audit, you will undertake general audit activities as part of the Country Audit Team, while also supporting the global data analytics internal audit team as a local subject matter expert, giving you the best of both worlds.
As an experienced professional with a background in internal audit and data analytics, you have a naturally curious mind and enjoy utilising data to enhance insights gained from Audit processes, whilst continuing to learn and both apply and expand on your knowledge and experience with involvement in projects at the regional level.
This position will provide the opportunity for exposure to a diversity of work, across the whole bank and careers options on a global scale. Whether you are an Auditor with some data analytics experience or a data specialist with experience in an Auditing environment, we would like to hear from you. Your main responsibilities will include:
Qualifications To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Participating in audits covering key risk areas. Support the delivery of the Internal Audit Book of Work deliverables, including the assessment of design and operating effectiveness of key controls.
- Identifying new use cases for data science for risk mitigation.
- Helping shape the future of the analytics within the Data Analytics team as we move towards full population testing.
- Conducting customer centric analysis to identify risks and support various projects across Asia Pacific.
- Engaging various stakeholders to understand and collect audit requirements, present analysis and or results, make recommendations on strategy formulation and solicit feedback.
- Prior work experience in Audit in Big 4 or an internal audit function in a Bank, either as an Auditor or as a data analyst or data scientist.
- Proficiency in using Python, R, SQL, SAS or similar analytically oriented programming languages.
- Good knowledge of the financial services sector.
- Excellent organisational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required, coupled with strong expertise of Microsoft Office programs.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline, with a post graduate degree an advantage but not essential.
- Experience of working with colleagues across multiple geographies will be an added advantage.
Candidates for this role will need to demonstrate they hold Australian or New Zealand PR/Citizenship or working rights given current international travel restrictions.