As a firm heavily involved in trading securities data is at the core of our business. An opportunity has arisen to join our Market Solutions team based in Sydney that will enable the right candidate to be part of redefining our data architecture from the ground up. You will work alongside an experienced but small, dynamic team that are focused on making a difference and rethinking the role of data in our organization.
This role will assist in designing, developing and deploying our new data analytics platform. It will also require working with existing data analytics tools and repositories to provide business reporting and analysis to both external clients and internal business units.
Over the course of your studies you will have had exposure to some of the following:
- SQL to build queries for reports
- Software development - specifically Python, Java and PHP
- Strong VBA, Macro and Pivot skills with Microsoft Excel
- Database (Microsoft SQL and MySQL) performance Analysis
- Linux Development Environments
While not required you can expect to stand out from other candidates if you demonstrate experience with any of the following:
- Knowledge of the finance markets
- Concepts of ETL / data integration / familiar with SOAP and REST API
- Data analysis using Python Jupyter Notebook mechanisms