Cyber Detection Engineer
Do work that matters
- Deliver defensive cyber security services across the Commonwealth Bank
- Provide security insights and expertise using next gen security technologies
- Together we can make difference to the business and the broader community
Enterprise Services (ES) is responsible for the world leading applications of technology and operations across every aspect of CommBank from innovative product platforms for our customers to essential tools within our business. We also use technology to drive efficient and timely processing, an essential component of great customer service.
The Cyber Security team protects the bank and our customers from theft, losses and risk events, through effective and proactive management of cyber security, privacy and operational risk. See yourself in our team
Reporting to the Lead Cyber Detection Engineer, you will build and deploy methods designed to identify, scope, contain and eradicate real-world threats. In collaboration with the team you will develop innovative detection logic through structured hunting activity, and by automating response tasks to reduce manual workload. Your responsibilities
What you will need to succeed
- Execute targeted hunts for malicious activity, documenting and developing proactive detection signatures and automation to detect attacks and streamline response.
- Work on detection/automation content, capabilities and methodologies.
- Develop internal web applications using web frameworks for specialised Cyber Security Centre requirements.
- Develop new initiatives where automation or tooling is required to improve workflow.
You are a technology expert with the ability to understand complex cyber threats, and able to integrate and automate any number of systems.
You will have:
- A number of years information security experience, ideally in operational security roles like hunting, forensics, or intrusion detection
- Strong Splunk skills
- Have experience writing tools to automate tasks and integrate systems in Python or equivalent
- A passion for developing systems and processes dedicated to finding and responding to malicious activity
- Experience in both commercial and open source security products, such as IDS or EDR
- Experience with TCP/IP networking and services such as DNS, SMTP, HTTP, DHCP, etc.
- Experience with OSX, Windows and Linux operating systems
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 26/11/2020