- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Citi Australia
- 15 Dec 17
Customer Service Team Leader
Customer Service Team Leader
- Primary Location: Australia,New South Wales,Sydney
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Operations Customer Service
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 17066991
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
As part of one of the world's largest financial services companies with a presence in more than 100 countries, Citi Australia has provided financial services to Australian consumers, corporates, institutions and governments for more than 30 years. Recognized for its innovative range of global products and services, Citi today counts more than one million Australians and one thousand local corporate and institutional clients as valued customers.
We are currently looking for an experienced Team Leader who has the ability to motivate and inspire their team through strong leadership using coaching and mentoring, being the biggest positive influence on your team and ready to backfill for the Operations Manager.
This role, which will be based at Rhodes, will play an integral role in the success for the Citiphone Business and the wider Australian Franchise. In this role you will lead, coach and develop a team of 20 Customer Service Officers to achieve a remarkable customer experience and meet and exceed their sales and compliance targets.
This role will report directly to the Operations Manager for Citiphone and you will work in collaboration with the existing team members to ensure the overall goals of the business are achieved.
A proven track record operating at the Team Leader level coupled with strong process orientation is critical for this role. You will also have experience coaching and developing teams as well as the ability to take the team on the journey to success.
As a Team Leader you will be required to:
- Lead, develop and coach your team to be responsible for providing a remarkable customer experience to our customers as well as selling a range of Citibank products and services
- Set high expectations of desired behaviors for yourself and your team and role model these in the way you conduct your business
- Effectively use a range of recognition and reward tools to motivate your team
- Discuss the development needs of each team member and take the appropriate actions to ensure staff are able to fulfill their job requirements and remain engaged within the role
- Identify individual talent and retain them within the business by identifying career development and learning opportunities
- Develop effective partnerships with internal Citibank staff and departments and use innovation, initiative and persistence to achieve improvements in the customer service operations
- Recruit new team members who possess the skills to fit within the current business needs
- Ensure your team clearly understand their performance accountabilities and take immediate and appropriate action to remedy unsatisfactory performance levels
- Apply appropriate performance management processes and techniques to align to the company standard
- Respond to issues highlighted by your teams feedback and work to create a positive, effective and inclusive customer service and sales culture
- Minimum 2 years' experience as a Team Leader in a high volume inbound customer service contact center environment
- Proven ability in managing a team of customer service professionals with exceptional skills in coaching, mentoring and developing others
- A genuine passion for customer service excellence and delivering an exceptional customer experience
- A strong results focus, balancing performance and people
- A natural flair for leadership
- The ability to use your initiative and work under minimum instruction
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
- A strong orientation toward process - following, understanding and enhancing end to end process
- The ability to apply relevant commercial judgment to business decisions
- Tertiary education in related field is preferred however not essential
When you work at Citi, you'll be working for an organisation that truly has a global footprint and a powerful network that spans the globe. We celebrate individual ingenuity and leverage the diversity of our people in order to drive high performance. Through dedicated support, training and resources, we promote our talent and future leaders to bring about lasting and positive impact.