Critical Incident Manager (E2M)
• Be a part of the Earth's largest Cloud Platform organization
• Clear and defined career progression, training & certifications + much more
• Subsidised Healthcare, Sign-on bonus, Stock and Shares, Paid commuting to work & mobile phone
Amazon has built a reputation for excellence and Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. AWS is seeking talented Managers to join the AWS and Event Management teams globally, who are not constrained by how "things are usually done". As a member of the E2M you will be at the forefront of Cloud technology, assisting a global list of companies that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications.
Amazon has a fast-paced environment where we "Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History." On a typical day an Manager will be working with our amazing internal Cloud Support Engineering Teams and Service Teams to dive in and lead resolution of some of the most complex technical challenges, who excels working in an agile environment while collaborating with some of the smartest people in the industry, who gets excited about owning critical infrastructure services that serve global customers every second of the day!
AWS Support is looking for a smart, enthusiastic, and creative leader with a strong background in Management to be there during the moments that matter for our most demanding customers. We are looking for a Major Manager to join our Escalations and (Critical) Events Management Team (E2M) to provide response. The ideal candidate will clearly be passionate about the large opportunity that the cloud (AWS) space presents, with a track record of success leading management technical calls driving towards service restoration. You are a strong leader who possesses a high level of judgment, can see through the noise during critical incidents, communicate clearly and compellingly and who understands how to drive a high level of focus and excellence with a strong, talented, driven team of technical resolvers. In this position, you will play a pivotal role in providing communication, emergency response, technical resolver engagement and incident management for our customers.
Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
• Monitor, trend analysis on customer support issues, and diagnosis of service impacting incident(s)
• Lead major incident calls for critical customer workloads
• Contribute to Problem Records for specific customers Conduct continuous real-time monitoring of incoming alarms
• Prioritize, manage, and own emerging and developing customer issues from start to finish
• Provide critical incident response/management for AWS Engineering Teams Monitor and manage communications during high impact events via relevant channels
• Collaborate with key stakeholders across AWS to improve the customer experience and develop mechanisms that support operational excellence
• Drive down mean time to engagement and resolution for all incident types Provide crisp and timely communication on developing issues to relevant stakeholders
• Facilitate Post-Mortem/Root Cause Analysis after each event to mitigate problem recurrence
• Deliver customer impairment reports for relevant stakeholders
• Perform other duties as required by the organization
• Manage support for incident management tools continuous process improvement Basic Qualifications
• Experience driving collaborative projects from conception to delivery
• Experience in Agile/Scrum or related collaborative work flow
• 5+ years of Major / Problem Manager Experience for organizations that run mission critical application Preferred Qualifications
• Knowledge of best current practice frameworks (ITIL, COBIT), particularly , problem and change management
• •Confidence to drive and manage large conference calls Experience dealing effectively with customers during problem resolution and operating efficiently under pressure
• Effective prioritization and time management Effective organizational skills to maintain a consistently high standard of operations in a busy environment
• Excellent skills and a commitment to document findings Ability to maintain composure in dynamic and critical customer impacting situation
• Knowledge of Operational Excellence best practices (ITIL, Change Management, Major Management, Problem Management, Dev Ops, SRE, etc.)
• Understanding of AWS architecture and service inter-dependencies.
• AWS related certifications (desirable but not required).
• Kepner Tregoe Problem Analysis / Critical Thinking