Corporate - Tax Manager - Vice President
JPMorganChase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm withoperations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financialservices for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financialtransaction processing, and asset management.
This keyrole within the Corporate Tax Department will contribute to the Department'sobjectives, primarily to meet compliance obligations on a timely basis, act asa strategic partner to the business in providing advice on products andtransactions, and support relationships with tax regulators. Your keyresponsibilities will include:
To besuccessful you will need:
- Be part of a team to meet all of the firm's Australia and New Zealand tax compliance requirements
- Assist the Department in managing relationships with tax regulators and develop and manage internal controls, procedures, and policies to ensure best tax practice
- Drive tax compliance for Australia and New Zealand including preparation of income tax returns, FBT returns, BAS/IAS reporting, FATCA/CRS reporting as well as supporting tax related aspects of financial deliverables such as the annual audit
- Advise on all areas of taxation impacting transactions and products across various business divisions for the locations
- Develop and manage internal controls, procedures, and policies to ensure best tax practice.
- Assist in special projects, including implementation of taxation reform, corporate strategies and regional/global projects
- Provide support as required to members of the Department
- 7 to 10 years broad based post-graduate experience in the corporate tax area of a professional services organization or large corporate, ideally in financial services, with extensive compliance and advisory experience
- It is essential that you possess strong analytical and communication skills, and have a strong understanding of income tax concepts and the economic analysis of transactions
- You are motivated, highly organized, and possess solid attention to detail
- Exposure to financial accounting, including tax effect accounting, and US tax concepts would be well regarded.
- You are able to work autonomously and as part of a team of dedicated tax professionals
- Strong computer based skills are required. Knowledge of automation tools would be useful
J.P. Morgan is an equalopportunity employer and is committed to providing a working environment thatembraces and values diversity and inclusion. We are proud to be named a Top 20Silver Employer in the 2017 Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI). If youhave any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at timeof application.