Control Group (Control Room) Compliance Product Officer – Vice President (Fixed Term Contract)
Serves as a Control Group compliance risk officer (Vice President) for Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM) responsible for assisting with internal strategies, policies, procedures, processes, and programs to prevent violations of law, rule, or regulation and design and deliver a risk management framework that maintains risk levels within the firm's risk appetite and protect the franchise.
In addition, engages with the ICRM Product and Function coverage teams, in order to partner to develop and apply CRM program solutions that meet the ICG businesses and customer needs in a manner consistent with the Citi program framework. Primary responsibilities include monitoring compliance risk behaviors and providing day-to-day Compliance advice to Institutional Clients Group (ICG) businesses and guidance on inside information or material nonpublic information (collectively "MNPI") issues, related information barriers and laws/rules/regulations related to the Investment Research business, such as research independence.
Key activities include:
- Assisting in the design, development, delivery and maintenance of best-in-class Compliance, programs, policies and practices for ICRM.
- Ensure that Control Group processes, including conflicts clearance, inside information assessments and updates to the watch and restricted list, are executed in an accurate and timely manner
- Working with the Firm's Research division to provide advice on regulatory matters in relation to research product (e.g. Investor Education Research and ordinary course research publication) as well as managing the process for interaction between bankers and analysts in capital formation under the Firm's policies and procedures.
- Review research product prior to publication in order to identify and address any problematic legal, regulatory and reputational issues.
- Providing guidance on rules and regulations relating to function/business/product operational issues, as well as, provide transactional review and approvals and interpretation of internal compliance policies.
- Assisting with regulatory inquiries and/or examinations. This may include coordination with regulators and other parties.
- Collaborating with other internal areas including: Legal, Business Management, Operations, Technology, Finance, other Control Functions, and In-Business Risk to address compliance issues which may impact the supported function/business/product.
- Supporting the businesses in performing timely compliance reviews of new products.
- Assisting in the development and administration of Compliance training for the supported function/business/product.
- Researching any new reform rules and rule changes and implementing policies, procedures or other controls necessary to comply with the rules.
- Provide tactical day to day support within the team
- Additional duties as assigned
- Knowledge of Compliance laws, rules, regulations, risks and typologies
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively and with people at all levels of the organization
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to both work collaboratively and independently; ability to navigate a complex organization
- Advanced analytical skills
- Ability to both work independently and collaborate with team members
- Excellent project management and organizational skills and capability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated knowledge in area of focus
- Relevant certifications desirable
Job Family Group:
- Bachelor's degree; experience in compliance, legal or other control-related function in the financial services firm, regulatory organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof; strong working knowledge of function/business/product supported and the related operations and financial requirements; Advanced degree preferred
Compliance and Control Job Family:
Product Compliance Risk Management Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting