Consulting Senior Manager - Sydney
Join a high performing culture of talented people, who are highly motivated and passionate about building and implementing information-based solutions. We are innovative and different because YOU are... we pride ourselves on our team of diverse, high performing Deloitte Professionals who are talented, supportive, inclusive and social - and who are at the heart of our success. Our aim is to ensure that all our people feel comfortable to bring their whole selves to work, and as a result, create a workplace that encourages the true spirit of 'And different'.
From day one at Deloitte you'll be considered part of the Deloitte community and our development and career progression framework will help you develop the skills and capabilities you need to succeed - in every sense of the word. At Deloitte, we assume that you perform other roles within your life....you could be a student, a teacher, a passionate hobbyist and a caring family member. We recognise the importance of balance and embrace agility, understanding that this means different things to each and every one of our employees. Role and responsibilities:
As a Consulting Senior Manager - within the Core Banking delivery area within our award winning DPE Platform Engineering team, you will be working on our most innovative and challenging projects, delivering advanced technology solutions and large programs for our clients in NSW and elsewhere in Australia, with specific focus on implementation of core banking platforms.
• You will be the main liaison with clients while leading cross-functional transformation teams to deliver complex system implementations and software engineering solutions as part of technology-enabled transformation in banking sector.
• You will also lead the incubation of new service offerings in Platform Engineering, and the development of new capabilities to take offerings to market and build and deliver new software solutions.
• The role places equal emphasis on engagement delivery, business development, and market impact, and will provide a platform for taking your career to the next level of leadership in technology consulting.
• Along with the experience and energy you bring to the team, you'll be responsible for: Deliverables will include:
• Engagement Management: Lead engagement planning and budgeting for a portfolio of projects; mobilize and manage engagement teams; define deliverable structure and content; facilitate buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client; direct on-time, quality delivery of work products; manage engagement economics; manage engagement risk
• Client Management: Manage day to day interactions with executive clients and sponsors, leading and nurturing the client relationship and sustaining account performance over time.
• Business Development: Develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients; organize and lead pursuit teams; participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process; contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies. Strong business development and pre-sales exposure would be preferred.
• Practice Development & Eminence: Develop practical solutions and methodologies; develop "thought ware" and "point-of-view" documents; participate in public speaking events; be published in industry periodicals; build personal and brand eminence in the market.
• People Development: Perform role mentor and coach; provide input and guidance into the staffing process; actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities; provide leadership and support for delivery teams and staff in local offices Enough about us, let's talk about you.
You will have worked closely with c-suite clients, and the most senior architects and engineers to inspire and lead high quality projects utilising your delivery experience and understanding of complex solutions. You will have significant experience in:
• Management of complex multi-workstream programs
• Leading the implementation core banking applications across the full project lifecycle including data migration, specifically including Temenos T24 (mandatory)
• Developing and validating solution architectures for core banking operations
• A background in software development and engineering disciplines (as a software engineer)
• Leading virtual delivery teams across multiple locations, onshore and offshore
• Implementing and operating contemporary software engineering methods and toolchains
• Incubating and commercialising full stack software solutions
You will have a particular enthusiasm for business development, drawing on strong commercial acumen and soft skills needed for relationship selling. Why Deloitte?
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. We value difference and embrace people with diverse backgrounds and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated. Next Steps
Interested? Sound like the sort of role for you? Apply now - We'd love to hear from you. If you'd like more information about the role or have any questions or wish to have a confidential conversation about this role, contact Paula Kilby from the Talent Consulting Team.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients and candidates with a consistent & exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu is the DTTL member firm in Australia ("Deloitte Australia"). "Deloitte" is the brand under which tens of thousands of dedicated professionals in independent firms throughout the world collaborate to provide audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management, tax and related services to select clients.
Requisition code: AUEXP162875