Consultant, Risk & Assurance
#CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER The Role
This is a permanent role sitting in IAL, a brand of IAG, delivering Personal Lines insurance through the broker market. This division has been an innovator in the intermediated insurance space and is focussed on delivering excellent customer service through utilising market leading technology and agile ways of working. This is a key role within this team and will be responsible for developing a robust risk framework that ensures IAL can continue to grow and mature but remain agile in the marketplace.
You will be key to building foundations and frameworks to allow the business to accelerate delivery on key objectives whilst maintaining an appropriate grip on the business given the end to end nature, size and risks being managed. The successful candidate will bring fresh thinking and concepts that are simple and fit for purpose to the team and will build and evolve an approach to risk that is practical and useable to everyone in IAL. Key Responsibilities:
Skills & Experience
- Provide risk and assurance input into the IAL strategy and its supporting initiatives.
- Contribute to innovative programs of working exploring automation of quality and assurance activities.
- Contribute to the continued improvement of operational performance through the appropriate management of risks and issues and assurances that business processes and controls are working as needed.
- Lead the continued uplift in risk maturity across IAL through development of innovative, simple and fit for purpose concepts and tools and driving robust and data driven decision making.
- Create innovative ways to transfer risk knowledge across the IAL team at varying levels of knowledge and capability.
- Lead the creation of reporting from the risk and assurance team, ensuring the stakeholder and operational needs are met.
- Participate and deliver critical information into business routines, creating visibility of the work and insights of the team.
- Connect and collaborate with a broad range of stakeholders across IAL and the broader IAG to learn and share.
- Be a visible advocate for driving risk maturity and improvement in culture within IAL.
- Relevant industry or specialism qualifications in Risk Management/Assurance or Audit.
- Experience in the General Insurance or Financial Service Industry is essential.
- Experience in developing simple risk concepts and tools for varying levels of risk capability and maturity.
- Experience developing and executing risk and assurance frameworks.
- Solid understanding of the regulatory environment
- Experience in testing of controls and providing solutions for improvement.
- Ability and desire to solve bespoke problems whilst demonstrating curiosity for understanding complexity and how things work
- Experience in coaching and teaching others
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me - we value difference, not sameness
#Together - harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes - it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. We own some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC and WFI. Let's Talk
Start your career journey with us and click 'Apply'! Applications Closing on 22nd November 2019
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position. #LI-AU