Consultant- Expatriate Tax
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- KPMG Australia
- 22 Mar 18
See job description for details
- Seeking Consultants for our Growing Global Mobility Business
- Exciting opportunity to be a part of our new Delivery and Data eXcellence team
- Do you have big plans for your career? Ours are even bigger
KPMG's Tax division are looking for a highly talented Tax Consultant to join our growing People Services team. As a key part of our new Delivery and Data eXcellence offering, our People Services business is combining technology with tax expertise to provide clients with high quality expatriate and employment tax services. If you want to make a difference, are innovative and forward-thinking, this role is perfect to advance your career.
Your new role
The purpose of your role will be to prepare the tax technical content of expatriate individual tax returns using technology and automation to deliver high quality tax services to our clients. You will also have the opportunity to provide tax technical analysis in other key service offerings across our employment taxes and expatriate tax service offerings, including Fringe Benefits Tax, Employee Share Scheme Reporting, shadow payroll calculations and compensation analysis.
Your role will involve:
- Applying your tax technical knowledge and leveraging Data Delivery tools and technology to provide value to clients and deliver compliance activities in an accurate and timely manner;
- Support continuous improvement initiatives in compliance and standard processing based activities
- Actively build own capability to increase and diversify technical skills
- Actively contribute to the team in a manner that drives collaboration, enhances junior staff technical skills and supports a high performance culture
- Work with other groups to ensure the smooth execution of all compliance related activities.
- Tertiary qualification in related discipline
- 1-2 years tax experience is ideal (but not necessary) in a compliance related capacity
- Knowledge of international mobility tax policies and practices is desirable
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel and Word
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to multitask and manage tight deadlines
- An honest and ethical approach to business which will provide a natural fit with KPMG's values.
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of KPMG and its ongoing success. So if you want a career where you can use your deep expertise to deliver real results, talk to us first.
Advertised: 06 Mar 2018 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 03 Apr 2018 AUS Eastern Standard Time