- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Citi Australia
- 26 Apr 18
Compliance Officer - FICC
Compliance Officer - FICC
- Primary Location: Australia,New South Wales,Sydney
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Compliance and Control
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18022768
Citi is more than a global financial services company. It's an engine for progress. Join us, and you'll have the chance to get involved in progress in all its shapes and forms, right across the world. From the micro to the macro, from Australia to Zambia, the work we do has real positive impact. Wherever you are and whatever you do, progress starts here.
We've built a world famous, trusted brand over 200 years of continuously evolving financial services. And today, our influence continues to grow: with financial operations in 160 countries and 100 currencies. We have 200 million different clients, including some of the biggest names in the industries, sectors, businesses and governments that we serve every day. It all adds up to an exciting place to be for talented, ambitious people who want to build a truly remarkable career.
The primary purpose of the role is to ensure that the Prime Futures & Security Service (PFSS) business in Australia maintains a high standard of regulatory compliance and protects the reputation of the business by:
- Maintain strong relationships with key regulators, ASIC & ASX
- Perform Unit MCA testing and participate in annual MCA ARA ICRM challenge for business MCA discussions;
- Providing ICRM and regulatory advice and oversight in respect of the products and services offered by this business.
- Liaising closely with Business Heads, Business Unit Managers and areas supporting this department (e.g. Operations, Legal, Risk, etc.) in establishing priorities and executing tasks effectively.
- Develop and maintain sound relationships with the FICC Business to ensure communication and an effective ICRM function.
- Providing advice and developing frameworks, controls for adherence to the ASIC Market Integrity Rules, Corporations Act and other relevant laws, regulation and policy.
- Identify and manage risks associated with OTC Trade Reporting, Derivatives Clearing, and Dodd-Frank obligations.
- Work closely within a larger Markets ICRM team to ensure all key responsibilities are being met.
- Maintain key business relationships with both internal support and control functions (Operational Risk, Operations, Legal) and external regulators and industry bodies (ASIC, ASX, Australian Financial Markets Association)'- Develop, document and communicate policies and procedures on applicable legal & regulatory requirements & internal policies.
- Develop and execute compliance training programs for the FICC
- Work closely with Legal and the ICRM team to provide timely advice to management and staff on legislative and regulatory obligations of the activities conducted within the business.
- Assist and be a key contact for the development and execution of the monitoring and surveillance programs relevant to the activities of the FICC business.
- Work with Legal and the ICRM team to respond to regulatory enquiries and liaise with applicable regulatory agencies and industry bodies;
- Identify priorities and issues requiring escalation.
- Identify law and regulatory reform proposals impacting the business and ensure the ICRM regulatory change obligations are met for the FICC Business.
- Ability to cross leverage into other Markets business areas and assist where ICRM involvement is required.
- Bachelor of Economics (or related finance degree); and/or Bachelor of Laws.