Compliance Manager - Australia
Who we are:
Established in Melbourne in 2015, Airwallex is a global payments fintech transforming the way businesses move and manage money domestically and internationally. Our purpose is to empower businesses of all sizes to grow in their own markets and around the world. With technology at our core, we built a global financial infrastructure platform to help businesses transact, collect and pay across 130+ countries and 50+ currencies, without the constraints of the traditional global financial system.
Airwallex is Australia's fastest growing fintech unicorn. We've grown to 12 global locations and have raised over $500 million in funding from world class investors including Sequoia, Greenoaks and ANZ. Airwallex has been recognised in Forbes' Cloud 100 2020, and placed in the Top 50 of KPMG's Global Fintech100 two years in a row. To support our ambitious growth plans, we're looking for smart, collaborative and passionate people who are looking to make a genuine impact.
Our Compliance Manager role is a vital member of an elite and innovative global compliance team. As a central part of this team you will be consistently driving forward and embedding Airwallex's compliance program to safeguard our business as we continue to reach our growth objectives.
At Airwallex, we see Compliance as a service to our business teams and our customers, and we are excited about collaborating and enabling our teams for success. This person will partner with internal teams to design, develop, implement, execute, and monitor screening and monitoring rules detecting and mitigating AML and other financial crime related risks. The role supports regulatory obligations for the Australian market.
Reporting functionally to the AU MLRO and deputising as MLRO when required, this role will seek to advance the Airwallex compliance agenda. You will play an influential role in our growth story. This role is based in Australia - either in our well established Melbourne office or in Sydney - where you will be responsible for supporting the development, launch and management of several key compliance programs whilst adding value to future compliance initiatives.
- Develop the FCC compliance framework of Airwallex in Australia building on the Airwallex global compliance framework
- Consistently support and oversee KYC and due diligence processes together with the Compliance operations team
- Communicate applicable risks, costs, progress, and results to all relevant internal and external partners as well as regulators
- Analyse high-volume data to investigate, identify and report trends linked to AML typologies and compliance to leadership
- Investigate, identify and develop triggers, rules and algorithms for transaction monitoring
- Design and execute reports to measure success and performance of initiatives
- Drive internal controls design and monitoring to support Compliance Operational policy and procedures
- Assist with the development of compliance programs for the products of Airwallex
- Partner with Compliance operations, Legal, Engineering, Product, Strategy, and Business Development to achieve results for team and the global Compliance department
- Continually identify, redefine and execute solutions for KYC, screening and TM needs across systems, teams, policies and processes
- Designs and execute reports to measure success and performance of AML Compliance initiatives, program, operations, critical metrics and Key Risk Indicators
- Remain up-to-date on regulatory changes and landscape, best practices and cutting-edge developments
- 7+ years of FCC related compliance experience
- Experience in FinTech, ecommerce, RegTech, compliance consulting, accounting or financial services
- Bachelor/Master's Degree
- Familiarity with AML and CTF regulations globally
- Certification in compliance related area (ICA or CAMS)
- Knowledge in core AML products, money laundering and terrorism typology, segmentation, scenarios, models, methodology, and AML tools
- Experience with Transaction Monitoring, Screening, Financial Investigations or similar discipline
- Ability to multitask effortlessly and handle challenging priorities under demanding deadlines
- Ability to understand larger picture and environment while operating in focused manner
- Outstanding time management, presentation, and relationship building skills
At Airwallex you'll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. You'll be offered a competitive salary with ongoing learning and development opportunities. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen which includes breakfast, snacks, fruit, beers, you name it! We also organise regular team building events, encourage flexible/remote working and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don't regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.