Compliance Business Control Senior Analyst - Fixed Term Contract
We value our talented employees, and whenever possible strive to help one of our associates grow professionally before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply!
Our people make all the difference in our success.
The Consumer Business Risk and Control function supports and oversees the Australia Consumer Business level 1 risk management processes, including:
- risk identification, measurement, assessment, reporting
- issue remediation and tracking, as well as significant event 'deep dive' review
- product development risk assessment and management
- policy implementation and adherence, including Compliance and AML related
- benchmarking versus best practices
- targeted review of potential problem areas
Reporting to the Head Central MCA Monitoring, the role will:
Support manager in line 1 governance, including dashboard development, senior presentations, tracking of 'Corrective Action Plans' Perform MCA Testing and ad hoc projects Perform deep dive or process reviews Participate in incident reporting in conjunction with IBC and business Assist with quarterly MCA coordination and Annual Risk Assessment process Assist manager with co-ordination of key cross-business control reviews and remediation Perform other related duties as assigned.
The role will work closely and flexibly with the Head of MCA and requires effective engagement and relationship skills to influence and deliver appropriate business outcomes whilst ensuring a strict adherence to internal policy and external regulatory requirements.
Assist business deliver banks operational risk framework and maintain a strong control focus across Consumer Operation functions.
Ensure successful completion of assigned Manager's Control Assessment (MCA) testing, from start to finish, inclusive of wrap up activities.
Apply risk and control concepts to scenarios encountered and identify any potential issues. Communicate identified issues with process owners, senior management to ensure any potential concerns are addressed in a timely and effective manner. Responsibilities:
MCA Testing - Performance of testing in accordance with MCA Testing Methodology and meeting deadline imposed. Liaise with other MCA testers from other areas to identify thematic results. Test results are communicated to relevant business(s) for Monthly Risk & Control Meeting as well as for quarterly MCA/Risk Assessment submission. Track MCA test status from start to completion and escalate slippage to manager proactively
Engage with business and ensure deliverables / data is obtained to complete relevant testing.
Accountability and Execution - Consistently operate at a high standard of quality and accuracy and within required timeframes to ensure decisions are acted upon and outcomes delivered; and demonstrate a positive can-do attitude. Ability to work as part of a team or autonomously
Adapts to Change - Adapt to circumstances, information, challenges, accept new ideas and change initiatives and adapt interpersonal style accordingly to suit different people or situations
Build Effective Working Relationships - Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of business goals
Innovation - Generating new or innovative solutions to business issues; trying different and novel ways to deal Qualifications:
- 5-8 years of control, operational risk, audit and/or project experience
- 10+ years financial industry experience
- High attention to detail and quality
- Strong understanding of process and controls concepts, including risk identification, monitoring frameworks and methodologies
- Sound background in Consumer bank products and processes
- Highly organized, employing project management methodologies
- Sound understanding of the regulatory framework surrounding consumer banking products
- Sound background in use of data retrieval and analytics tool (i.e. SAS)
- Strong understanding of operational risk concepts and control
- Strong understanding of financial product risk
- Strong Microsoft Office (Word ,Excel/PowerPoint) skills
- Ability to perform controls testing end to end according to product life cycle
- Ability to observe and under business processes to identify control gaps
- Strong organization and follow up skills including the ability to handle competing priorities and meet all deadlines and commitments
- Possess an appropriate combination of technical expertise in fields such as auditing, finance, technology, operations, or investigations
- Ability to flourish in a fast-paced, complex environment and willing to adapt to change
- Ability to give and follow instructions accurately and efficiently; proactive in asking clarifying questions to ensure work effort is directed wholly toward desired outcome
- Solid understanding and ability to apply risk and control concepts
- Ability to identify underlying cause of an issue raised
- Excellent working knowledge of local and global regulations/laws
- Ability to manage staff to ensure desired outcomes where required
- Tertiary Education/University degree or equivalent experience
- Relevant professional qualifications if possible (CA, CPA, CIA etc)
Please note that Citi has entered into an agreement with NAB to acquire its consumer bank in Australia which includes residential mortgages, deposits, and unsecured lending.
The sale is expected to complete in March 2022.
As this is a role to work in Citi's consumer bank, the successful candidate will initially be employed by Citi, but on sale completion, their employment will transfer to a NAB (or) a new entity that will employ Citi's consumer bank employees, prior to their transfer to NAB. Job Family Group:
Compliance and Control Job Family:
Business Control Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting