Complaints Management Specialist
The Complaint Specialist is required to apply high level knowledge of the applicable regulations and legislation under the Financial Services Industry Banking Code of Practice (BCOP) and RG271 (ASIC Regulation) together with a strong knowledge of the various Citibank clients, products and internal complaint management processes to investigate customer complaints and Disputes across the various business units to a satisfactory outcome. The successful applicant will apply specialty area knowledge in monitoring, assessing, analyzing and/or evaluating processes and data. Identifies policy gaps and formulates recommendations on policies, procedures or practices. Responsibilities:
- Respond and resolve complaints and disputes in a timely and fair manner and create excellent customer relationships during the process and beyond.
- Provide our customers with a contact point to a skilled, knowledgeable case officer who has the authority and delegation to act on behalf of the customers.
- Responsible for the acceptance, investigation, and timely resolution of complex complaints received within regulatory and EDR Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Ensure all telephone calls/emails and correspondence received are answered or responded to in a timely manner and all customer contact is recorded in the appropriate systems.
- Have the ability to identify and relate to vulnerable customers, especially those who may be at risk and suffering from hardship etc to provide the appropriate path to resolution.
- Ensure all departmental service level agreements are met.
- Work effectively with the relevant business units to obtain required account information for the resolution of a case within agreed internal SLA time frames.
- Responsible for identifying, analyzing and reporting on possible systemic issues within their complaint portfolio.
- Undertake process improvement related projects which are focused towards providing a seamless customer experience.
- Identify and report possible preventable complaints within relevant business units and ensure appropriate coaching is provided,
- Develop empathy and rapport with customers and set and meet customer expectations during the resolution of problems and complaints and promote Citi brand and values in all interactions.
- Actively participate in mediation and conciliation of the complaint cases at AFCA.
- Manage and minimize potential escalation of complaints to the media.
- Participate in improvement initiatives and make pro-active constructive improvement recommendations.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 0-5 years relevant experience
- Knowledge of external dispute resolution schemes.
- Demonstrated customer orientation along with customer advocacy skills and ability to problem solve.
- Excellent time management, business writing and communication skills. Attention to detail.
- Proven ability to negotiate with others. Ability to develop and deepen stakeholder relationships. Ability to make independent, impartial and fair decisions in dispute matters. Ability to self manage. Proven mediation skills and the ability to stay calm and constructive under pressure.
- Bachelor's/University degree in an appropriate discipline such as Law, Dispute Resolution, Risk and Compliance, Customer Service or equivalent relevant industry experience.
Citi has entered into an agreement with NAB to acquire its consumer bank in Australia which includes residential mortgages, deposits, and unsecured lending. The sale is expected to complete in March 2022. As this is a role to work in Citi's consumer bank, the successful candidate will initially be employed by Citi, but on sale completion, their employment will transfer to a NAB (or) a new entity that will employ Citi's consumer bank employees, prior to their transfer to NAB. Job Family Group:
Marketing Job Family:
Customer Experience Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting