Are you interested in helping shape Amazon's growth story in Australia? We are looking for a high caliber finance professional who can develop drive our financial analysis and insights to the next level. The ideal candidate will have a passion for building analytical models and using their financial and business acumen to help drive the business forward. She/he will partner with commercial teams and support long-term growth by providing insightful ad-hoc analysis to build product selection, supporting negotiations, and building business cases to assess new opportunities or investments. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity, is analytical, detail oriented and will possess the ability to work well with cross-functional teams across Amazon.
Financial Analysis & Business Case Development
• Independently drive deep dive analyses into product selection and sourcing performance to generate insights and suggestions to improve long-term Free Cash Flow.
• Analyze performance for the business on a weekly, monthly, quarterly basis to understand drivers of performance. Synthesize findings for leadership.
• Drive ad-hoc analysis and support commercial teams to improve business performance.
• Build business case for any new opportunities, such as new programs, new categories or incremental strategic investments.
Planning, Financial Controllership, Reporting:
• P&L Controllership - Create and monitor control reports to enable review and auditing of P&L balances to ensure accuracy and completeness of information.
• Develop the necessary reporting tools for understanding drivers of performance versus business case assumptions. Synthesize this information for key business reviews.
• Drive the financial planning process for one or more business lines through working with key stakeholders.
• Identify key financial risks and develop the framework and controls to mitigate these - link up with other Amazon teams where required, including accounting and tax.
In the spirit of reconciliation Amazon acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples today.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected attributes. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 5+ years of relevant experience in a corporate environment
• 5+ years experience with Microsoft Excel and ideally also SQL
• Strong analytic skills and a demonstrated ability to build and manage quantitative models for business forecasting, variance analysis, and problem solving PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to translate large amounts of data into useful and actionable information
• Ability to work with cross functional teams
• Ability to dive deep into the details and maintain a high level of attention to detail
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads
• Customer focus and professional demeanor
• Ability to work independently and deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
• Basic experience with financial and accounting systems (COGNOS, Essbase, Oracle)
• Experience with data warehouse systems (SQL) preferred
• Direct experience in online or offline FMCG, Retail, Distribution, On-Line or Operations (FC, Trans, Supply Chain) a strong plus but not necessary