Cloud Technical Solutions Engineer
As a Cloud Technical Solutions Engineer you will manage solving the most important customer issues in addition to providing support to our other Support teams. You will troubleshoot technical problems for customers with a mix of debugging, networking, system administration, updating documentation, and when needed, coding/scripting. In this role, you will:
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- manage the customer's problem through effective diagnosis, resolution, or implementation of new investigation tools
- use your in-depth understanding of Clouds and underlying architectures to troubleshoot and determine the root cause for customer reported challenges
- blueprint new design patterns, explore Cloud Scaling to derive new efficiencies and educate all our Cloud Partners
- act as a consultant and subject matter expert for internal stakeholders to resolve technical obstacles and accelerate their usage of the Cloud
- work closely with multiple product and engineering teams to find ways to improve the Cloud product
- collaborate with our Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) teams to drive high-quality applications.
Additional experience in the following will be highly regarded:
- 3 years+ in a public cloud and IT Infrastructure role & software development experience
- Bachelor's degree in the field of Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent practical experience
- GCP and / or AWS cloud experience
- very good understanding of Cloud services, Networking, containers and storage
- strong technical design skills with the ability to articulate solutions at both a conceptual and detailed level
- understanding of basic web technologies. TCP/IP concepts and Unix/Linux basic administration and commands
- excellent troubleshooting, attention to detail, and communication skills (verbal/written) in a fast-paced setting.
- Cloud experience in an Enterprise setting (preferably Financial Services)
- experience with Cloud databases and distributed data processing frameworks
- Google and AWS Cloud certifications.
This role, within the Corporate Operations Group (COG) infrastructure Cloud Team, involves working closely with a diverse range of teams across the Macquarie group. You will make moving to the Cloud easier by making improvements to the product, tools, processes and documentation. You are obsessed with helping the customer and simplify the challenges they face. You work closely with a cross-functional team of web developers, consultants and site reliability engineers to make moving to the Cloud seamless.
To apply, submit your application online, or visit www.macquarie.com/careers to learn more.
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Market Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. The Corporate Operations Group's purpose is to power the entrepreneurial enterprise.
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, m Advertised:
31 Oct 2019 AUS Eastern Daylight Time Applications close: