Cloud Support Engineer - Serverless Compute \u0026 Mobile
ABOUT AWS PREMIUM SUPPORT
AWS Premium Support goes beyond break-fix and issue resolution. We provide a mix of tools and technology, people, and programs designed to proactively help customers optimize performance, lower costs, and
Ever wondered how people are able to build end to end commercial apps without having to maintain any servers ? Welcome to the world of Serverless Computing. AWS helps you achieve this with our services like Lambda, API Gateway, Cognito, Step Functions, App Sync among
others. Are you also interested in working on services that utilize Internet of Things ? Then AWS has got the solution for you with a range of IOT services like IOT Core, GreenGrass and IOT 1-Click. The above is just a subset of the services that we work on a daily basis.
A day in the life of the Cloud Support Engineer: https://youtu.be/GC3bWcFFZTo
Cloud Support Engineers are a key part of AWS Premium Support team which is globally distributed and growing rapidly. As a Cloud Support Engineer in working with Serverless Compute and Mobile Services technologies, you will provide technical support and advice to a wide range of customers as they build mission critical applications with some of the above mentioned AWS services. You will be at the forefront of technologies, interacting and mastering the full breadth of AWS services. You will be surrounded by people that are smart, fanatical about Computing and believe that world class support is critical to customer success and innovation.
Excited? Every single day in AWS Premium Support will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
• Work with customers on their mission critical applications and help them resolve production pain.
• Learn and use groundbreaking technologies.
• Apply advanced techniques to troubleshoot technical issues and provide unique solutions to our customer's dynamic needs.
• Work directly with AWS Architects, Technical Account Managers and world class engineers to help reproduce and resolve customer problems.
• Use your experience to provide feedback to internal AWS Service teams on how to improve our services further.
• Drive customer communication during critical events
• Dive deep to resolve problems at their root, looking for failure patterns and suggest fixes.
• Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that will span multiple AWS services.
• Create tutorials, how-to videos, and other technical articles for internal and customer communities.
This position is intended to staff regular Australia business hours on a staggered week either from Sunday through Thursday or from Tuesday through Saturday.
• Subsidized Healthcare, Sign-on bonus, Stock and Shares, Paid commuting to work, Mobile phone allowance
• Clear and defined career progression, training & certifications + much more Basic Qualifications
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Experience with web-based applications and HTTP.
• Strong and problem solving skills.
• Detailed knowledge of networking protocols: DNS, HTTP, SSL, SMTP, TCP
• Knowledge of typical client- server and micro-services based architectures
• Linux or Windows administrator skills Preferred Qualifications
• Experience working with REST API based services and Micro-Services.
• AWS certification or any similar provider
• Exposure to security concepts / methodologies
• Experience with tools such as iperf, MTR, traceroute, dig, postman
• Experience handling full application stacks from the OS up through custom applications
• Technical Customer service experience / strong customer focus
• Strong multi-tasking and context switching skills
• Knowlege of AWS services such as Lambda, Cognito, Api Gateway, IoT, Connect
Amazon Web Services is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.