Cloud Site Reliability Engineer
This is a great opportunity to expand your cloud experience across multiple clouds and into leading edge enterprise applications. You'll bring your hands-on cloud experience to partner with our application teams to solve technical issues and show how cloud products can make businesses more productive, collaborative, and innovative.
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) combines software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems. SRE ensure that all critical systems have reliability and uptime appropriate to users' needs, whilst also allowing scope for a fast rate of improvement.
This role will have an immediate focus on improving the robustness of the core cloud services and will rapidly expand to support partner applications. You will maintain cloud systems capacity and performance, optimise existing systems, build infrastructure and eliminate work through automation. In this role you will:
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health
- scale systems sustainably using automation
- push for changes that improve both reliability and velocity
- practice sustainable incident response
- support services before they go live and assist with release planning.
Additional experience in any of the following will be highly regarded:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, related technical field involving systems engineering, or equivalent practical experience
- 3 years+ in a public cloud and IT Infrastructure role & software development experience
- ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks
- GCP and / or AWS cloud experience.
- a strong desire to make software deployment simpler for developers
- interest in designing, analysing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
This role, within the Corporate Operations Group (COG) infrastructure Cloud Team, involves working closely with a diverse range of teams across the Macquarie group. You will make moving to the Cloud easier by making improvements to the product, tools, processes and documentation. You are obsessed with helping the customer and simplify the challenges they face.
To apply, submit your application online, or visit www.macquarie.com/careers to learn more.
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Market Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. The Corporate Operations Group's purpose is to power the entrepreneurial enterprise.
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team. Advertised:
30 Oct 2019 AUS Eastern Daylight Time Applications close: