- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Macquarie Group
- 20 May 19
Cloud Platforms Director
Cloud Platforms DirectorJoin a highly agile team working with numerous businesses to change the way the organisation delivers cloud technologies. You will lead a global team of cloud specialists working closely with a diverse range of business teams across the Macquarie group.
You will be responsible for managing stakeholders, delivering strategic roadmaps, driving adoption of cloud technologies and delivering on business and technology objectives.
We need a true people leader to work with technology and business leaders across all areas of the Macquarie organisation to drive and manage the relationship with our strategic cloud vendors. This role is responsible for leading the delivery of strategic cloud solutions across the public, private and hybrid cloud spectrum.
Our team are driving organisational transformation via the adoption of cloud technologies across the Macquarie group and we need you to engage with global risk, financial and security teams to ensure Macquarie's use of cloud remains compliant with regulatory requirements, is secure and financially optimised.
This senior Director role sits in our infrastructure technology space and you will lead a global team of highly energised and driven cloud product owners, engineers and cloud consultants.
We are on a journey to provide state of the art, world class platforms which will change the way our people work. It's about delivering and deploying new systems, technologies and services - while supporting, maintaining and enhancing existing business systems.
Experience and skillset required:
- strong technical background and ability to work directly with engineers and developers
- exceptional understanding of business drivers and experience dealing with senior business stakeholders
- proven track record of delivering large-scale technology change and / or delivery programs
- experience leading agile delivery teams using DevOps / DevSecOps / Site-Reliability-Engineering operating models
- strong written and verbal skills and the ability to present to stakeholders at all levels
- broad IT Risk management experience including but not limited to Operations, Security, Resilience, and Regulatory Compliance
- experience managing critical vendors such as public cloud service providers.
Ideally your background will include:
- experience in establishing and leading a portfolio of 'two-pizza box' technical delivery teams
- broad technology experience including public and private cloud technologies
- strong stakeholder and vendor management skills
- proven ability to deliver both short-term and multi-year strategic technology projects
- experience in leading a globally distributed, multi-discipline team
This is a great opportunity to become part of an innovative and leading-edge team in a very exciting and evolving industry.
If this role sounds like the right opportunity to further your career, please apply via the link.
The Corporate Operations Group (COG) brings together specialist support services including workplace, human resources, market operations and technology. COG's purpose is to drive operational excellence through business-aligned services with a focus on quality, cost and risk. COG comprises the following divisions: Business Improvement and Strategy, Business Services, Human Resources, Market Operations, and Technology.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available.
Advertised: 01 May 2019 AUS Eastern Standard Time