Cloud Front-End Engineer
This is a great opportunity to expand your cloud experience across multiple clouds and into leading edge enterprise applications. You'll bring your hands-on cloud experience to partner with our application teams to solve technical issues and show how cloud products can make businesses more productive, collaborative, and innovative.
As a Cloud Front-End Engineer, you will develop the tools and user experience to accelerate cloud adoption. You will maintain our existing cloud portal but more importantly migrate the key features to a brand-new portal using the latest front-end technology. In this role, you will:
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- work closely with multiple product and engineering teams to develop effective user interface with focus on simplicity and consistency
- develop subject matter expertise in front-end experiences for desktop and mobile
- work as a member of an Agile team
- full SDLC involvement and additionally operational and support activities as a member of a DevOps group
- write product specification and technical documentation.
Additional experience in any of the following will be highly regarded:
- experience in designing and implementing user Interfaces for optimal user experience
- experience in web standards and frameworks such as HTML, CSS, RESTful Web Services, JSON
- experience in working with Relational Databases - SQL Language
- 3 years+ in a public cloud (AWS and/or GCP) and IT Infrastructure role & software development experience.
- understanding of Cloud services, Networking, containers and storage
- working knowledge of AngularJS
- Cloud experience in an Enterprise setting (preferably Financial Services)
- experience with Cloud databases and distributed data processing frameworks
- Google and AWS Cloud certifications
- test driven development and automated UI testing.
This role, within the Corporate Operations Group (COG) infrastructure Cloud Team, involves working closely with a diverse range of teams across the Macquarie group. You will make moving to the Cloud easier by making improvements to the product, tools, processes and documentation. You are obsessed with helping the customer and simplify the challenges they face. You work closely with a cross-functional team of web developers, consultants and site reliability engineers to make moving to the Cloud seamless.
To apply, submit your application online, or visit www.macquarie.com/careers to learn more.
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Market Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. The Corporate Operations Group's purpose is to power the entrepreneurial enterprise.
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team. Advertised:
30 Oct 2019 AUS Eastern Daylight Time Applications close: