Cloud Engineer – Windows Infrastructure
• Be a part of the Earth's largest Cloud organization
• Clear and defined career progression, training & certifications + much more
• Subsidised Healthcare, Sign-on bonus, Stock & Shares, Paid commuting to work, subsidised mobile phone allowance
Amazon has built a reputation for excellence and Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. AWS is seeking talented Windows Systems Engineers/Administrators with strong customer support and technical skills, who are passionate about technology and who want to work with and learn one of the fastest growing Cloud platforms in the world. As a member of the AWS PS Team you will be at the forefront of Cloud technology, assisting a global list of companies that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications.
On a typical day, a Windows Engineer work directly with customers to dive deep into the root cause of an issue, focuses on our Windows based products, while also exposing engineers to other services that align with the Windows customer infrastructure. You will also work very closely, and consult with a diverse range of engineers at Amazon and discuss radical new approaches to automate operational issues.
The AWS Premium Support team is seeking experienced and seasoned Windows Engineers that enjoy solving problems, working with customers, and that have a strong technical background in Windows systems such as systems administration, identity and access management, compliance and auditing, web applications and more. Our Engineers are the "voice of the customer" and have a strong hands-on relationship with the development & architecture teams for recurring issues or complex feature requests.
You will be surrounded by people who are smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success.
Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you learn and use ground breaking technologies such as:
• Core AWS cloud technologies like EC2, EBS, VPC
• Application and Desktop sharing via AppStream 2.0 and AWS WorkSpaces
• Automation via AWS Systems Manager
• Managed Active Directory Services
And use this knowledge to:
• Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers' individual needs.
• Work hands-on with customer teams to develop, migrate, and debug services issues.
• Write tutorials, how-to videos, and other technical articles for the AWS customer community
What do we love about working at AWS as a Cloud Engineer......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha2nv6lBK2o Basic Qualifications
• Comprehensive knowledge of Windows Operating Systems
• Excellent communication skills to successfully engage with customers.
• Broad experience analysing, troubleshooting and providing solutions for technical issues
• Strong multitasking and time management skills
• Knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, web applications
• Experience debugging Windows issues utilising tools like Windbg and Sysinternals
• In-depth skills analyzing windows performance issues including perfmon and procmon
• Ability to work a staggered week, either Sun-Thu or Tue-Sat during standard business hours Preferred Qualifications
• Exposure to AWS or any other cloud technologies
• Experience supporting a VDI environment
• Experience in managing Microsoft applications like Exchange, MS SQL, RDS
• Certifications in AWS, MCSE, MCSA, MCITP, CCNA or VCP
• Scripting experience in PowerShell or similar scripting language
What if I do not meet all the basic and/or preferred qualifications listed on the job description?
Here at AWS as we have training programs to help you develop the skills required to be successful in your role.
We hire smart people who are keen to build a career with AWS, so we're more interested in the areas that you do know instead of those you haven't been exposed to yet.
Amazon Web Services is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.