Cloud Associate/Engineer - Premium Support
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 May 19
Cloud Associate/Engineer - Premium Support
• Be a part of the Earth's largest Cloud Platform organization
• Clear and defined career progression, training & certifications + much more
• Subsidised Healthcare, Sign-on bonus, Stock and Shares, Paid commuting to work +mobile phone
Amazon has built a reputation for excellence and Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. AWS is seeking talented Cloud Engineers/Associates with strong customer support and technical skills, who are passionate about technology and who want to work with and learn one of the fastest growing Cloud platforms in the world. As a member of the AWS Engineering/Premium Support Team you will be at the forefront of Cloud technology, assisting a global list of companies that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications.
Amazon has a fast-paced environment where we "Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History." On a typical day, a Cloud Engineer might thoughtfully work with customers to dive deep into the root cause of an issue, focuses on AWS services and AWS based products, while also exposing engineers to other services that align to our services offering. You will also work very closely, and consult with a diverse range of Engineers at Amazon and discuss radical new approaches to automate operational issues.
Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job. We are not only looking for Engineers/Associates in one technical division, we are looking across the below areas and we would expect you to have the relevant experience:
• Load balancing; Apache; Tomcat; Nginx; IIS; Packet Capture(Wireshark, tcpdump); DNS etc
• Microsoft SQL Server, IIS Web Server, Microsoft Active Directory, Powershell etc
• Ubuntu, CentOS, RHEL, SLES etc
• RDS, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL Server, Database Migration Service (DMS), MariaDB etc
• Big Data
• Programming/Scripting, Hadoop, Java, Distributed Systems etc
• Database administration, SQL performance tuning, Kafka, Linux administration etc
• Access Management/AAA, IDS/IPS, Cryptography, DDoS, Operating Systems (System Administration), Networking, Network Security, Scripting etc
• Storage Content Delivery
• CFN, EB, ECS, Containers, Puppet; Chef; Docker; Json/Yaml; Ansible
• Development & Mobile Services
• Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers' individual needs.
• Interacting with leading technologists around the world.
• Work hands-on with customer teams to develop, migrate, and debug services issues.
• Own customer communication during critical events from end to end
• Write tutorials, how-to videos, and other technical articles for the AWS customer community
To qualify for this role you should have, but not all are mission critical:
• 1-2 years of experience in a technical position within Cloud or Engineering.
• Experience in an IT Support, Administration or IT Operations role.
• Understanding of the concepts of virtualization and cloud computing.
• Customer service experience with a strong customer focus
• Solid understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP and Routing.
• Ability to juggle many tasks in a fast-moving environment
• A passion for technology and be a driven self-starter
• Ability to work either Sunday - Thursday or Tuesday - Saturday shifts between 8am-4pm or 9am-5pm
These qualifications are optional, but please highlight them on your resume if you have them:
• Bachelor's degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field
• Experience with AWS Cloud Services or AWS Platforms
• Experience with AWS, IAM, ADFS and/or Azure AD
• Basics of server administration.
• Basic programming/scripting experience in Java, Python, Ruby, C# or PHP etc
***Amazon Web Services is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
General Salary Range: $70,000 - $85,000 Base