Client Services Manager, Issuer Services
Some careers have more impact than others.
We're looking for progressive minds who are driven, perceptive and forward-thinking, who are open to different ideas and cultures, who can connect with our customers and who will work with courageous integrity every day.
As an HSBC employee in Australia, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes market leading subsidised private health cover, enhanced parental pay/benefits and support when you return to work, wellness days and wellbeing programs as well as a highly flexible workplace culture.
The Issuer Services proposition is designed to support and enhance the corporate strategies of leading global companies, financial institutions and capital market investors. Our vast network, local knowledge and client-focused services enable us to provide tailored corporate trust and loan agency solutions.
We are currently seeking a proactive individual to join the Sydney team in the role of Client Services Manager in our Issuer Services (ISV) team covering syndicated loans, project finance, escrows and other products as required. Your main responsibilities will include
Managing and overseeing new deal set up and post-closing day to day management of deals and ongoing deal administration in accordance with established policies and procedures including but not limited to:
- Reviewing documentation (from an operational perspective) in tandem with the Transaction Management and Operations teams to ensure seamless ongoing deal administration
- Provide oversight, guidance and advice to offshore operations team on the day to day activities to ensure the services provided meet the requirement of internal and external customers
- Handling waiver and amendment requests
- Monitoring submission of covenants
- Performing periodic review of the transaction
- Maintaining adequate records in all required systems
You will provide first class client service as well as:
Qualifications To be successful in this role, you will bring
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers, partners, colleagues and other offices ensuring that all client issues are addressed and resolved in a prompt and satisfactory manner.
- At all times work pro-actively with clients and peers to ensure a smooth and high standard of service delivery and execution at pace
- Identify, formulate and implement policies, practices, controls and procedures to maximise efficiency and effectiveness
- Ensure appropriate governance and adherence to internal controls, policies and procedures so that risks are identified, understood and mitigated
- Engage in and undertake all ad-hoc duties and/or tasks and special projects as required
- Adopt a flexible approach at all times. Fluctuating workload volume can result in significant pressure on the jobholder's time management.
- Regular contact will be maintained with a broad spectrum of globally based internal and external clients. The diversity of both customers and location requires the jobholder to be flexible, proactive and up to date on current market standards and practices.
- Take responsibility for assigned workload while at the same time promptly escalating issues where appropriate
Due to current international travel restrictions and border closures, we will look to prioritise those candidates who hold either Australian Permanent Residency or Citizenship.
- Previous relevant banking experience in the Australian market handling agency business including but not limited to syndicated loans, project financing, escrows and other fixed income products
- Capital markets experience beneficial
- Banking middle/back office experience desirable
- Thorough understanding of industry standard and operational risk best practices
- Strong time management and ability to work effectively and independently consistently under pressure in a high-performing environment whilst managing multiple tasks with competing deadlines
- Ability to respond in a time critical fashion to issues arising from new or existing transactions
- Ability to identify, analyse problems and implement effective solutions
- Willing to face challenges and accept additional responsibilities
- Good communicator, both written and verbally
- Proactive and flexible attitude
- Strong team player
- Client focused
- Bachelors degree