Client Service Management - Vice President
- Not Specified
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia Sydney New South Wales AU
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Apr 18 2018-04-18
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of investors
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock, the world’s leading investment manager and risk manager is committed to providing exceptional service to its clients. As the BlackRock business continues to grow and our client’s investment strategies become more sophisticated, the need to support complex service requirements is crucial to maintaining BlackRock’s position as an industry leader in providing superior client service.
The Client Services Management (CSM) team works with the BlackRock client business to ensure that the operational needs of our clients are understood and aligned with the operational teams across BlackRock.
In addition the team are responsible for ensuring that BlackRock’s operational service offering continues to evolve in line with industry and client trends with the goal of offering our clients a class leading service experience.
We are also charged with being the operational expert in the room with the client and providing them with consultancy where required around operational matters.
We are looking for a seasoned professional to join the growing CSM team in Australia.
- Own the overall operational client service experience in partnership with the Client Business throughout the client lifecycle
- Work closely with the global Business Operations teams to implement a consistent, scalable and controllable service model;
- Focus on the partnership between the Client Businesses and the global operations team to improve client service offering and quality of delivery;
- Own and evolve the core operational service offering in partnership with operational groups across the firm and our key third party providers
- Demonstrate risk awareness and focus on delivering an appropriate operational control framework around client servicing including review and validation of monthly metrics
- Establish and measure client service benchmarks
- Focus on sustaining the highest level of client service
- Engage the operational resources of the firm to meet clients’ needs
- Establish / enhance strong working relationships with key stakeholders within BlackRock.
- Facilitate diagnosis of complex client service issues, identify trends that point to service deficiencies;
- Provide and/or co-ordinate appropriate representation for Business Operations at Client meetings and due diligence visits etc.
- Champion awareness and knowledge sharing of business operations service and functions;
- Build and constantly develop your existing knowledge of the Business Operations’ functions and keep current on major activities being undertaken and challenges and successes that are being experienced;
- Be an operational thought leader for our clients
- Proven experience in the asset management industry or a related industry with significant exposure to a variety of operational and client service functions, including examples of providing leadership within one or more functions;
- In-depth technical understanding across service functions together with a strong; understanding of the end-to-end client and trade life-cycles;
- Previous exposure to the sales process would be beneficial though not essential
- Experience in dealing with clients and associated operational risk matters;
- A proven ability to develop strong collaborative working relationships with key Client Business and operations stakeholders. Influencing the organisation is a key success criteria for this role;
- Whilst structured training will be provided, the successful candidate for this senior role will be able to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Ability to work proactively with others to resolve and escalate issues appropriately;
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with high self-assurance, energy and drive;
- Strong presentation skills and ability to adapt to audience at all corporate levels.
- Ability to analyse, synthesise and present data in a concise and easy to understand style
- Expert communicator at all levels with strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to think strategically and consider implications of actions from all angles;
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.