Client Director - Papua New Guinea
- Key strategic role within our Aon PNG team
- Position will suit an engaging, driven leader who is looking for their next career challenge
The Client Director position has responsibility for achieving exceptional results by growing our Corporate division business within the PNG region. This will be achieved by developing and executing a regional strategy that aligns with our Commercial Australia and Aon PNG business strategy, delivers cultural change and ensures development and engagement of a strong team who are empowered to make a difference at Aon.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Management of our Corporate division in two PNG offices; Port Moresby and Lae
- Empowering the PNG Corporate team to execute retention strategies and growth strategies
- Managing a team of Client Managers directly, who provide insurance broking services to a diverse group of clients of various industries
- Drive improved levels of consistency across branches throughout the region
- Managing a P&L and delivering financial forecasts for the Corporate division
- Work with CEO to execute sales and growth strategies to deliver on financial and strategic targets, new business sales and cross selling to key clients
- Work with the CEO to execute client excellence to achieve financial and strategic targets, retention, cross selling and reduce errors & omissions
- Develop and build relationships with top clients within the Region
- Developing and managing key stakeholder relationships including with clients, insurers, partnerships, associations and internal stakeholders
This position will suit someone who is a driven, people orientated leader with the following skills and experience:
- Insurance experience, preferably Broking experience
- People Leadership, strong ability to coach and engage teams
- Commercially minded and numerically astute
- Ability to manage and influence senior stakeholders
- Knowledge and understanding of financial reporting requirements and strong P&L management
- Senior Leadership experience
- Achieved superior financial success driving results across a state or region
- Success leading high performing teams and leading cultural change
- Success leading geographically dispersed teams
- Demonstrated results executing a talent strategy
- Change management / cultural change
We're a team focused on providing exceptional value to our clients and our local communities. Meaningful and genuine relationships are at the heart of our business success and we're proud of our positive impact.
We are a workforce of the future, embracing change and supporting you (and your family) with access to benefits that encourage your holistic wellbeing
How to apply:
- Generous benefits, including Group Salary Continuance. Life Insurance, Motor Vehicle, Utiltities and Internet, Housing, 6 weeks paid Annual leave, and more
- Aon actively supports employees who wish to pursue work-related studies
- Flexible hybrid working arrangements
- Strong commitment to diversity and inclusion
Please submit your up to date resume and cover letter with relevant experiences.
Aon is committed to creating a winning and inclusive culture with growth and development opportunities for everyone. Diversity is the foundation on which we have built our world-class organization, unparalleled in delivering distinctive value through the work we do.
We embrace an inclusive culture where our people trust each other, respect diversity and share ideas freely.