Chief Operating Officer - Regulatory and Control Operations (RACO)
See yourself in the team
Our Regulatory and Control Operations Team (RACO or Financial Crime Operations) are accountable for leading a complex and diverse shared service for Financial Crime Operations across CBA. Spanning multiple Business Units, multiple global locations and multiple financial crime disciplines such as Anti-money laundering/Transaction Monitoring, Payments Sanctions Screening, Customer Sanctions Screening, Pep Screening, Enhanced Customer Due Diligence of High Risk customers, on-boarding, on-going due diligence and maintenance and Law Enforcement Agency Notices.
RACO is a team of dedicated professionals and we partner closely with line 2 financial crime compliance and Business Aligned Risk teams across the group. It is a scale, growing operation that has extensive Transformation plans and focus within the organisation. Our external stakeholders are AUSTRAC, ASO and Law Enforcement. We work together to detect, deter and disrupt financial crime. Do work that matters
We continue to grow our team aligned to regulatory, community and organisational expectations, and as a result we have exciting new senior executive leadership opportunities for seasoned Financial Crime leaders.
Reporting directly into the General Manager Group Regulatory Control Operations, your role as Chief Operating Officer (COO)
will be to lead development and management of the business unit's strategic agenda, delivering thought leadership and identifying key opportunities and threats against the external and internal operating environment. We are responsible for supporting significant financial crime transformation across the Group.
Your personal development will be accelerated as you work with some of the highest calibre staff and leaders in CommBank and partner with industry thought leaders as you further transform us. In any given week you will
We're interested in hearing from people who have
- Provide thought leadership and contribute to the RACO Leadership Team as we drive our strategy to develop into a world class Financial Crime Operations function.
- Embed mechanisms and governance to ensure we are responsive to market changes, trends and emerging issues.
- Partner with key internal capabilities to integrate existing and new technological initiatives to increase operational efficiencies and deliver enhanced operational service to internal and external clients.
- Champion the further embedding a high performing culture and develop a mechanism to consume the insights into future investment.
- Apply leadership behaviours to build, develop and coach a team of professionals and ensure leadership capabilities are strong across the organization. Inspire others and set the tone for an inclusive and high performance team.
- Forge strong relationships with internal and external stakeholder group, particularly the Group's Financial Crime Compliance community.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire people to deliver exceptional outcomes and drive performance.
- The ability to manage multiple and complex stakeholders with excellent communication skills.
- Proven ability to influence at senior executive level stakeholders.
- Demonstrated independence, and provide oversight and challenge to senior management on decisions and processes regarding strategy and compliance.
- History of managing strategic agendas in a complex environment.
- Ability to take a team on a transformation journey and drive a strong culture and provide direction to ensure the strategic objectives are met.
- Deep technical expertise with particular focus on Financial Crime Operations.
- Knowledge of industry and global operations best practices.
- Industry related tertiary qualifications are desirable.
Most importantly, we are looking for a leader and someone that is passionate about upskilling our people. You'll need to be a big thinker with a positive attitude who looks for opportunity to make continuous improvement within the framework of a regulated environment It's a role where no two days will ever be the same!
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 27/07/2021