Channel Account Development Representative
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts. Job Category
Mulesoft - Sales Job Details Channel Account Development (Channel AD)
Are you interested in learning more about how our partners help to scale our business? Do you enjoy paving new roads? The AD and Partners & Alliances (Channel) team are looking for an experienced business development professional to break into a new market to scale MuleSoft's business through enabling, qualifying and identifying new growth opportunities to scale our strategic sales pipeline.This is a new growth role, so the ideal candidate will be someone who enjoys building out a new territory, establishing best-practices, and an overall desire to pave new roads internally and externally by leading this program from iteration to execution.As one of our largest untapped areas of our business to growth our strategic sales background, you will come with with a large inbound lead pool that has previously be unactioned, over 16% of our total inbound leads for the business). The goal of the Channel AD is to establish relationships with these inbound leads to identifying account drivers, qualify opportunities, and collaborate with the Sales Account teams (Account Executive and Account Development) and our Channel team (Partner Sales Managers) to convert those opportunities into quality pipeline. An ideal candidate will also have a passion for building their career in Partner & Alliances including Partner Sales Managers.
Why join the Channels team?
- Partners play a crucial role in the MuleSoft Go-to-Market Strategy. In FY21, more than 87% of MuleSoft's revenue had a partner involved in driving that deal.
- Partners source valuable opportunities and the business looks to drive 20% of our overall pipeline generation through partners. Not only that but these often result in larger deals with stronger velocity in comparison to our wider business development areas.
- Last but not least, the Channel AD role is an opportunity to fast-track into MuleSoft's Channel organization, which typically requires 2+ years of Channel experience to join. Almost all previous Channel ADs have joined the Channel team as Channel Managers within 1 year.
We are looking for the following attributes:
- Strong academic background and performance
- Sales-focused, strategic thinking with a bias towards action
- Quantitative track record of exceptional performance and a strong professional trajectory
- Has a competitive Spirit
- Can collaborate and influence in a "win as a team" environment
- Has a drive for results
- Strong business acumen
- Strong Stakeholder Management Skills
- Experience with triaging and qualifying high quantity of leads - 30+ leads weekly
- Experience working with Channel teams to qualify and convert partner opportunities
- Experience working with large Consulting Companies and understand how to navigate those organisations
- Interest in Channels career track
- 6+ month of business development experience in a SaaS organisation
- Strong experience in cross-functional alignment
- Inherently curious - this is a new role and Channel ADs will work together to develop best practices for future iterations of the role
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes's "World's Most Innovative Company" seven years in a row and #1 on the FORTUNE '100 Best Companies to Work For®' List. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world. About MuleSoft, a Salesforce company
Our mission is to help organizations change and innovate faster by making it easy to connect the world's applications, data, and devices. Companies like Spotify, McDonald's, and Unilever rely on MuleSoft to stay agile, deliver faster, and make the most of their IT investment with API-led connectivity. Hiring exceptional people who want to build a great company together is our number one priority, and we're committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace where everyone is supported and inspired to do their best work. We work tirelessly to build this culture, and we're proud to have been named the #1 Top Workplace in the Bay Area and a best place to work 6 years in a row. Accommodations
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form. Posting Statement
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.