Capability Coach / Manager
About the Role
- Results driven team committed to supporting the continued development of CBA leaders.
- Opportunity to work across different levels and business units of CommBank
- Remote working opportunity offered-open to working from any CBA hub in Australia
Enterprise Services (ES) is responsible for the world leading application of technology and operations across every aspect of CommBank, from innovative product platforms for our customers to essential tools within our business. See yourself in our team
The Re-engineering and Capability Team leads the design and execution of strategic projects for Group Operations, with the objective of re-engineering processes to deliver a world-class experience for our customers and operations colleagues.
Capability coaching supports the business in continuously simplifying the way we do things to achieve better outcomes for our customers and our people, including co-delivery of the Group Operations Transformation agenda. The role:
You will join the Engineering and Capability team within Group Operations Performance, and have direct responsibility for executing against the Capability uplift strategy. In this capacity, you will coach team leaders in the core capabilities required to lead an effective and engaged team supported by a robust operating rhythm. You will ensure the right risk, cost, service and quality metrics are captured and effectively utilised to drive performance, supporting the Group Operations Transformation teams and the business units to identify capacity optimisation opportunities and to bring them to life. Do work that matters:
This role reports to the Senior Manager of Engineering and Capability. Responsibilities:
What skills you will possess:
- Deployment of the Capability framework within business unit teams, and within cross-functional Group Operations Transformation teams.
- Work closely with team leaders and managers to assist in identifying and realising capacity through application of Operational Capability methodology.
- Actively coach team managers in the ideal Operating Rhythm including:
• Huddles, 1-on-1's, Better Day rhythms and development
• Interpreting performance information including trend analysis
• Capacity forecasting
• C reating weekly/quarterly operating plans
• E xecution against plan
• H ow to identify and realise continuous improvement opportunities
• S tructured communication techniques
• C olleague coaching techniques
- Work closely with the Group Operations
- You will ensure the right risk, cost, service and quality metrics are captured and effectively utilised to drive performance. This will support the Group Operations Transformation teams and the business units to identify capacity optimisation opportunities and to bring them to life.
- Build strong relationships internally and externally, across all levels of management, to deliver on the organisation's business objectives. This may extend to managing a small number of direct reports with responsibility for their utilisation, performance and administration.
- Facilitate Operational Capability training.
- Achieve customer/client service excellence by role modelling the Bank's purpose and values.
- Foster a culture that is customer focused, efficient and empowers/recognises our people to deliver on our business objectives within the risk appetite of the bank.
What's in it for you?
- Demonstrated track record of successfully coaching operational leaders, influencing change at the individual and team level. Experience coaching in a remote/digital environment would be well regarded.
- Successfully implemented behavioural change initiatives, for cultural uplift and/or embedding of new ways of working
- Self-starter and ability to work autonomously
- Experience in implementing Management Operating Systems (Active Operations Management, Enlighten Operational Excellence or similar preferred) is desirable
- Participation in successful productivity capacity release initiatives is an advantage
- Lean six sigma qualification and other relevant training certifications desirable
Your Development and Career Progression:
- Flexible working programs
- An inclusive team culture that promotes collaboration and innovation
- Group health fund and award-winning super fund
- Amazing development and career progression program
At CommBank, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a values driven organisation, we nurture and support our people through focusing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 19/07/2020