C# Developer - Tactical
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia Sydney New South Wales AU
- Permanent, Full time
- Susquehanna Pacific Pty Ltd
- 24 May 18 2018-05-24
C# Developer - Tactical
Our technology engineers are employed in building, maintaining and supporting trading systems that are fundamental to our success and competitiveness in the current trading environment. SIG has continued to expand its team of talented Software and Systems Engineers. Over the past few years, the technology team has grown to over 600 employees worldwide, with over 50 in Sydney. SIG's continued success will - in large part - be based on the capabilities provided to our traders by the growing Technology and Quantitative Research Teams.
The Sydney Tactical team is responsible for a rich mix of proprietary software focused on delivering highly available applications (covering trading analysis tools, market & static data feeds, trade monitoring and real time messaging) to support trading decisions.
As a Senior Software Developer in the Tactical Team, you will be involved in the analysis, design and development of applications in a Front Office trading environment. This software includes a combination of user-interfaces and server-side systems. You will work closely with the traders, compliance and technology teams to analyse requirements, implement and maintain software covering almost all aspects of the trading environment. As a senior developer in the team you will have strong collaboration and mentoring skills to ensure more junior members grow and cultivate a high performing team.
Four Reasons to Join SIG's Tactical Team:
- You will be responsible for analysis, design and development of business-critical software applications (from simple tools to complex applications)
- You will take projects through the entire software development cycle from requirements gathering to production release
- Our Tactical team are committed to innovation with a strong interest in learning and working with new technologies
- You will be heavily involved in the continuous improvement of the capability of the Tactical team (through technology, automation, mentoring, education and other means)
What we're looking for
- A bachelor's degree (or higher) in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Strong C# experience in client side development (e.g. WPF) as well as server-side systems (ideally with multi-threading).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills for interacting with traders, quantitative analysts, and other software developers
- Have a keen interest in mentoring graduate & less senior developers
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure in a fast-paced team environment
- Experience or interest in areas such as financial instruments & markets and the application of IT solutions to them
- Experience of real time applications (especially with Tibco RV) would be advantageous
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy and a thorough understanding of the full software development life-cycle. Ideally with solid experience in an Agile environment.
- Solid experience in C++ and Python on Windows or Linux is also desirable.
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.