C# Developer - Market Data
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia Sydney New South Wales AU
- Permanent, Full time
- Susquehanna Pacific Pty Ltd
- 22 Apr 18 2018-04-22
C# Developer - Market Data
Our technology engineers are employed in building, maintaining and supporting trading systems that are fundamental to our success and competitiveness in the current trading environment. SIG has continued to expand its team of talented Software and Systems Engineers. Over the past few years, the technology team has grown to over 1000 employees worldwide, with over 70 in Sydney. SIG's continued success will - in large part - be based on the capabilities provided to our traders by the growing Technology and Quantitative Research Teams.
As a Software Developer within our Market Data Intelligence team, you will maintain the integrity of all static data related to securities in support of our trading activities, including, but not limited to, instrument identifiers, end of day prices and corporate actions. With growing business requirements and the large and diverse datasets that follow, the team has recently embarked on the challenge to redesign our existing legacy system responsible for managing this critical information.
True to SIG's culture, we are looking to add a candidate to the team who can bring creative solutions to complex problems and thrives in an environment that encourages collaboration and knowledge sharing.
Four Reasons to Join SIG's Market Data Intelligence Team:
- You will be responsible for analysis, design and development of business-critical software applications, such as:
- SIG's ETL module and user interface
- Develop application components within existing framework
- Configure CI/CD pipelines (dev ops)
- You will be a part of a team who takes projects through the entire software development cycle from requirements gathering to production release
- You will participate in discussions regarding system design concepts
- You will evaluate existing system performance and identify solutions for improvement
- You will be integral to transitioning our current legacy system to its replacement
What we're looking for
- Experience with server-side systems in C#
- Exposure to Python advantageous
- Database and SQL knowledge and understanding of Database Design Principles
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure in a team environment
- An interest in financial markets
- Approximately 3 - 5 years' experience
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.