CIB - Operations - Project Tax Analyst
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. It provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries.
J.P. Morgan Investor Services (IS) is a premier securities servicing provider that helps institutional investors, alternative asset managers, broker dealers and equity issuers optimize efficiency, mitigate risk and enhance revenue. Locally, the IS business has a strong market position, ranking first in total assets under custody. You will be a key member of the operations project group(team of 20) within funds services, who partner with technology & product development to design, develop and implement enhanced solutions across key investment accounting, investment taxation and unit pricing platforms within the investor services business
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working within a project team within the area of fund administration for superannuation funds, attribution managed investment trusts & managed investment trusts
- Writing technical business requirements, functional requirements in the areas of accounting, tax calculations, distributable income calculations and reporting & or unit pricing
- Support the project development life cycle by providing business guidance to the development team through the software development lifecycle
- Solution assessment & validation - working with project team members and subject matter experts to assess proposed solutions and operating models
- Testing including; creation of test scenarios with subject matter experts, test scripts and managing execution of testing and subsequent stakeholder sign off. These may include System Testing, User Acceptance Testing and Production Verification Testing. Assessment of the business impact of defects and issues.
- Change Management including the coordination of implementation activities such as user access, user guides, training manuals, delivery of training, control updates and sign offs
- Establish and maintain relationships with key operational area's identifying area's for technical and operational improvements
To be successful you will need:
- A minimum of 3 years Fund Services experience in investment administration focusing on investment managers and/or Superannuation funds
- Experience in process flow analysis/mapping and writing business requirements
- Ability to analyse business models/practices and identify innovative solutions
- Delivery and ownership focused
- Organized and efficient with ability to work within small teams or as an individual contributor, within reporting deadlines
- Bachelors in finance/ taxation / accounting discipline will be highly advantageous
J.P. Morgan is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We are proud to retain our Silver Employer status in the 2018 Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI). If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.