Business Value Services, Senior Manager
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts. Job Category
Business Value Services Group Job Details
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a difference at a high-growth powerhouse while building your career?
Acquiring new customers is the growth engine at MuleSoft. We are looking for strategic, sales-focused, and results-driven people to work on our most important accounts during the sales cycle to:
- Identify potential business outcomes that a company could realize using MuleSoft
- Determine the value at stake and what it could be worth to that company
- Recommend what the company would need to do to make it happen (with a technical focus)
As a Business Value Services - Senior Manager, you will be paired with a Business Outcomes Technical Consultant to help drive new customer acquisition through delivery of Business Outcomes Engagements, which consist of 2-4 week engagements in which you and your colleague will identify the customer's current pain points, determine how MuleSoft can solve those pain points, and deliver/present a compelling case to senior executives that demonstrates how MuleSoft can enable them to drive to true business outcomes.
This highly visible role will enable a person to be a part of the selling account team on the most important accounts at MuleSoft, build expertise in consultative selling, and engage senior executives on their most pressing issues. In addition, this role will be on the ground floor in helping to build a new critical function/capability at MuleSoft. Goals for your first three months...
- Learn and be familiar with MuleSoft solutions, positioning, competition, and product suite
- Internalize MuleSoft customer business outcomes success stories and the existing best practices for conducting these business outcomes engagements.
- Begin executing business outcomes engagements.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Own the full Business Outcomes Engagement (paired with the Business Outcomes Technical Consultant) at each priority prospect including: scoping the approach, conducting the executive and team interviews, running workshops, and presenting the recommendations to the company executives
- Own a benchmark database to house both recommended and realized outcomes, and work with customer success managers to gather realized outcomes to use as a basis for the recommendations
- Develop standard approaches to these engagements including process, interview guides, tools, and presentation templates
- Be the expert and mentor to account teams; for accounts that require this work to be done by the account team (Account Executive and Solutions Consultant), provide training and expertise to help them be self-sufficient with a lighter weight version of these engagements
About MuleSoft, a Salesforce company
- Experience at a consulting firm (focused on Enterprise digital transformation strategy and/or IT consulting preferred)
- A self-starter mentality with a proven track record of achievement
- A proven track record of both engaging and challenging senior executives with a strong point of view
- Previous experience with open source solutions or with an annual subscription sales model
- The ability to understand customer pain points, how to build recommendations/actions to solve those pain points and how to measure the impact
- Excitement about immersing yourself in a customer's business and connecting the dots to how MuleSoft can truly impact the business
- Eagerness to contribute beyond your role and help to build this function from the ground up
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, written skills, and presentation skills
- Passion about technology: a natural, credible evangelist who is experienced in translating that passion into business impact for customers
- Willingness to travel in order to spend significant time onsite with strategic customers
Our mission is to help organizations change and innovate faster by making it easy to connect the world's applications, data, and devices. Companies like Spotify, McDonald's, and Unilever rely on MuleSoft to stay agile, deliver faster, and make the most of their IT investment with API-led connectivity. Hiring exceptional people who want to build a great company together is our number one priority, and we're committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace where everyone is supported and inspired to do their best work. We work tirelessly to build this culture, and we're proud to have been named the #1 Top Workplace in the Bay Area and a best place to work 6 years in a row. Accommodations -
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form. Posting Statement
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.