Business Intelligence Analyst
- 110k + Super + Bonus
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia Sydney New South Wales AU
- Permanent, Full time
- Charterhouse Partnership
- 06 Apr 18 2018-04-06
Leading healthcare organization based close to Sydney CBD is seeking a well-presented and well-spoken BI Analyst with strong skills in Tableau (or similar) and SQL, to drive BI / analytics capabilities and self-service BI strategies. Awesome company culture and modern offices.
Business Intelligence Analyst
- 5+ years experience in business intelligence and analysis
- Proficient with Microsoft business intelligence suite (2008-2014),
- Tableau Desktop and Server (9-10);
- Experience analyzing, designing and developing Business Intelligence solutions;
- Demonstrates excellent communication/interpersonal skills with a consultative acumen;
- Work with Project Management and Data Warehouse teams to translate requirements into project scope, and deliver on scope; a well-defined
- Python experience is a plus.
Primary purpose of the role:
- Provide guidance on the potential business value and complexity of development works to the business in order to assist in prioritizing the demands of multiple stakeholders;
- Work closely with stakeholders to build reports and dashboards to allow decision support, along with the technical documentation to support the industrialization of the work and migration to a production environment Provide end user training on the tools and data sources available to support self-service business intelligence.
- Working across teams, the incumbent will be required to have an end-to-end view of the reporting requirements of the business, developing solutions aimed at improving performance measures such as cost reduction, time reduction or quality improvement.
Specifies and applies appropriate analytical techniques to create information which supports business decision-making. Formats and communicates results, using textual, numeric, graphical and other visualisation methods appropriate to the target audience using appropriate tools.
Maintains an in-depth knowledge of Tableau and the Microsoft BI stack and provides expert advice regarding their application. Can supervise specialist consultancy.
Requirements Definition and Management
Contributes to selection of the most appropriate means of representing business requirements in the context of Business Intelligence, ensuring traceability back to source.
Discovers and analyses requirements for fitness for purpose as well as adherence to business objectives and consistency, challenging positively as appropriate.
Obtains formal agreement by stakeholders and recipients to scope and requirements and establishes a base-line on which delivery of a solution can commence.
Manages requests for and the application of changes to base-lined requirements.
Investigates corporate data requirements, and applies data analysis, data modelling and quality assurance techniques, to establish, modify or maintain data structures and their associated components (entity descriptions, relationship descriptions, attribute definitions).
Provides advice and guidance to database designers and others using the data structures and associated components.
Plans and schedules the delivery of learning activities, based on learning objectives.
Manages the delivery of programmes of learning.
Customises formal and informal learning activities, incorporating relevant business scenarios and case studies.
Designs appropriate environments, and delivers learning activities to specialist audiences. Advises/coaches others in learning delivery techniques and options