Business Development Representative - Hybrid Cloud
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
• Join a global company and make a real impact
• Enjoy the challenge and variety of working in a fast paced highly target driven environment
• Permanent opportunity based in Sydney About IBM
For more than one hundred years, IBM has been helping governments, businesses and other organisations leverage technology to drive and implement change and to promote and accelerate scientific discovery. Along the way, we and the world have weathered many storms. And each time IBM has emerged a stronger, more capable company.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Digital Sales is a specialized sales organization with a purpose-built infrastructure consisting of Global Digital Sales Centers in Atlanta GA, Chicago IL, Dallas TX, and Littleton MA. Digital Sales teams engage with clients of all sizes and markets to grow their businesses by solving strategic and tactical business problems with IBM's proven cognitive and cloud technology solutions.
You will be part of a high performing, successful and diverse national sales team and have the opportunity to contribute to their success operating across a variety of market sectors promoting world leading products and services. The Role
IBM is looking for Business Development Representative - Hybrid Cloud based in Sydney.
The role is an important member of IBM's digital sales organisation - typically, our customer's very first introduction to IBM experience. The role plays a critical role in identifying and qualifying leads as an initial point of contact, profiling customers and performing proactive territory planning/sales plays execution. A successful candidate will work in collaboration with other parts of IBM - Marketing, Brand/Product Specialists, Technical Specialists, and Ecosystem Business Partners. The hybrid cloud solution covers on-premise storage infrastructure & software, cloud backup storage and IBM Cloud IaaS.
In this role, it is essential that you are a driven sales rep with strong business acumen, demonstrate sales instincts and track record in developing businesses from ground up. Key Responsibilities:
Applies an entrepreneurial mindset to identify, develop, and validate business opportunities for select products / offerings:
1. Lead Qualification and Management
- Validates Marketing Qualified Leads (MQLs) and generates Sales Qualified Leads (SQLs) for "selling pods" and channel partners
- Primarily focuses on MQLs originating from digital inbound and marketing campaigns and outbound prospecting for select offerings.
- Maintains up-to-date offering knowledge
- Collaborates with Marketing on ongoing lead nurturing and campaign optimization
- Ensures SQLs are passed to appropriate Opportunity Owner (Inside, Field, or Channel Partner) in CRM
2. Sales Execution
- Primarily focuses on MQLs originating from digital inbound and marketing campaigns (e.g. Live Chat, phone, social engagement, events, paid media) and outbound prospecting for select offerings
- Research prospects to identify decision makers and influencers, understand customer feedback, and tailors campaign materials to generate interest in IBM offerings
- Leverages a variety of mediums and approaches to engage with prospective clients, including digital campaigns and events, calls, and email
- Collaborates as OneIBM with subject matter experts to strengthen and accelerate conversion
3. Managing for Growth
- Identifies new opportunities and creates pipeline for assigned offerings
- Meets virtually with potential buyers to assess needs and qualify leads (responsible for BANT qualification)
- Follows direction of the Technology Unit and understands priorities
- Familiar with the end to end sales process
- Remains up to date on offering campaigns
- Articulates the value proposition for select offerings and how they compare to competitors' offerings
- Understands use cases across offering portfolios; has deeper knowledge of select offerings
- Contributes to marketing campaign strategies by providing 'voice of the client' feedback to assist in campaign design
- Identifies opportunities to engage IBM channel partners to best position IBM offerings with prospects
What is required to apply for this role:
- Hungry - Always have a plan, think outside the box, proactiveness, self-motivated.
- Provocative - Don't give up attitude and bring alternatives to prospects when they say 'No'.
- High Energy and Can-Do attitude - Growth mindset
- Always curious - Industry trend, solution trend and competitive landscape
- Strong team player.
- Articulate and confident in both internal and external communication
- Commitment to stay current with the respective solution areas and industry/sector trends
- Minimum of 2 years Telesales or Sales Development/Business Development experience within enterprise infrastructure, services, software or cloud sales.
- A solid understanding of storage hardware/software and public cloud IaaS trends, regulations and future industry directions in ANZ market
- Ability to manage a high volume of workloads and effectively prioritize
- Client Centricity Mindset
- Strong business and commercial awareness
- Ability to present and negotiate with senior management/C-level prospects
- Independent and self-disciplined
Due to the nature of work, the successful applicant must have full working rights in Australia without sponsorship. Sign me up!
If you tick these boxes, and are ready to start your next challenge with a career at IBM - click "Apply" today. To find out more, head to www.ibm.com.au/careers
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise