Bid Architect - Ignition
- Immerse yourself in our inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- Choose the way you want to work by embracing our flexible work arrangements
- Collaborate with sector and technical experts to grow your knowledge and network
- Be supported by joining one of our employee led Inclusion & Diversity Networks
KPMG Australia is part of a global network providing extensive services across a wide range of industries and sectors. Our people collaborate, share their expertise and create innovation as we partner with clients to solve complex challenges, empower change, drive disruption and growth. We look for talented people with the potential to make an extraordinary difference for our clients, our firm and our communities. Your Opportunity
The Bid Architect drives the deal from qualification to close, leading the bid response from win strategy to client presentation. Refines and positions the solutions' Unique Selling Points (USPs), identifies the strengths and weaknesses in the bid and provides constructive challenge to the bid response. Key Responsibilities
Lead qualification - define the approach to pursue an opportunity
- Support the qualification process with the Engagement Partner by defining the win strategy and solution with the Sector Leads and Client Lead Partner as relevant
- Assess the customer's issues, pursuit requirements and competitive position
- Obtain the competitive and price-to-win analysis from the Price to Win Specialist
- Align marketing intelligence with the opportunity strategy.
- Collaboratively develop the pursuit strategy with the Solution Program Manager and Bid Manager.
Bid response - lead and architect the end to end bid response, including but not limited to:
How are you Extraordinary?
- Define the bid team with the Engagement Partner and provide them with clear roles, responsibilities and guidance throughout the bid process.
- Serve as the primary point of contact among the proposal development, solution, and pricing teams.
- Prepare and present the opportunity plan at the Pursuit, Bid, and Bid Validation Decision Gate reviews.
- Monitor, review, and direct weekly proposal progress, ensuring adherence to the proposal process and schedule.
- Define the pricing and commercials approach with the Price to Win Specialist
- Liaise with KPMG's OGC team for contractual aspects
- Liaise with the required areas of the firm for sector, specialist skill sets and domain expertise
- Provide solution specific inputs as needed
- Participate in colour team (independent) reviews
- Proactively prepare and coordinate the oral presentations / pitches with the relevant participants (including but not limited to the Engagement Partner, Engagement Delivery Lead, Solution Architect, Solution Champion, Sector Relationship Lead, Client Lead Partner, Sales Director)
- Attend (or lead) the pitch at the Oral Presentation with the client where required
- Participate as an independent proposal evaluator in all major proposal reviews.
- Support the Engagement Partner in negotiations to close the deal (where required)
- Lead the setup process for delivery success - ensure a smooth and successful transition from the sales to delivery team
At KPMG, we believe diversity of thought, background and unique experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities.
To be considered for this opportunity, your qualifications, skills & experience could include Skills, Knowledge & Experience
The KPMG Difference
- Competitive pursuit strategy and bid response management for complex, multi-service line solutions
- Understanding of KPMG solutions and value propositions
- Guide, control, challenge and consolidate the response (including solutioning, pricing and commercials) while providing Quality Assurance on the response document. This includes drafting the executive summary; confirming alignment among the executive summary, volume summaries, and customer presentations; and owning the completion of the final version.
At KPMG, we're passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We believe that everyone's unique experiences enable us to deliver meaningful benefits for our people, our clients and communities. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, ages, religions, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, LGBTIQ+ people, those with a disability, women and people with a cultural or linguistically diverse background.
We embrace flexibility as a key principle to allow our people to manage the changing demands of work, personal and family life.
KPMG has a decade-long, proud commitment to Indigenous Australia, as demonstrated by the achievement of an Elevate level Reconciliation Action Plan. KPMG is a foundation member and Principal Partner of Pride in Diversity started in Australia by ACON and the Diversity Council of Australia, and is recognised in the Australian Workplace Equality Index(AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace. KPMG Australia has been consistently recognised as an Employer of Choice in the Australian Government's Workplace Gender Equality Agency(WGEA) annual index.
Flexibility empowers wellbeing
Flexibility enables contribution to the community
Flexibility inspires technology & innovation
Flexibility supports family Advertised:
05 Aug 2021 AUS Eastern Standard Time Applications close:
17 Dec 2021 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now