Backup Engineer – Data Storage and Protection
Take on an exciting role as a Backup Engineer - Data Storage and Protection to join a highly motivated global infrastructure team and leverage your extensive existing experience while further developing your career in a technical stream.
You will primarily be tasked with taking existing design documentation and building a cloud to cloud backup environment with assistance from one of Macquarie's partners. This is a hands-on role and involves developing and automating a variety of processes that currently may not exist. Your knowledge of development systems complemented with infrastructure knowledge and skills will make you an invaluable member of the Data Storage and Protection infrastructure tower.
We are looking for you to bring a wealth of previous experience in building and supporting enterprise-class automation. Ideally, you'll have a solid development and application integration background. Infrastructure deployment and operational experience is a must, and CommVault experience is highly valued for this role. In addition to your technical capabilities, you'll have excellent communication skills to liaise with key technical and non-technical stakeholders
We anticipate to excel in this role your technical proficiency will include:
- experience in automation of deployment processes
- solid experience in hosting applications in Cloud (AWS and hybrid)
- 5+ years' experience in backup and recovery discipline
- demonstrable experience operating and maintaining backup and recovery systems in a large environment (ideally CommVault)
- strong troubleshooting or analytical skills.
Some of your daily activities may include:
- create Continuous integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) infrastructure and processes
- development of DR procedures and testing of those procedures
- liaise with Cloud development team, other vendors and partners for issue resolution
- lead and participate in development with a focus on end-to-end continuous and automated testing
- ensuring the Security policy is enforced in public and private cloud
- assist and advise in the on boarding of systems to the CommVault systems
- guide and mentor technology teams
- collaborate with cross-functional and cross-departmental teams
- actively manage risks in the environment and flag new risks with management
- integrate system performance and feedback monitoring
- create processes and methodologies in-line with Policies and Standards
- develop Splunk reports to provide to business divisions and management
- support and maintain the CommVault landscape, including upgrades, patches, installations, etc
- assist with the migration to CommVault from other backup solutions.
The successful candidate will be part of the technical and subject matter expertise team in charge of establishing continuous integration and continuous delivery for a number of solutions within the Data Storage and Protection team. You will assist with managing our infrastructure by developing internal tools to automate our processes. The team focus is on operations and development of our API capability, so this is an opportunity for you to join a highly skilled team, in a forward-thinking organisation to help us continue to push the boundaries of technology at Macquarie.
We are looking at candidates from a range of different backgrounds, and we also encourage candidates to apply who are interested in flexible working arrangements. If the above sounds like the right opportunity to further your career, apply via the link below or get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The Corporate Operations Group (COG) brings together specialist support services including workplace, human resources, market operations and technology. COG's purpose is to drive operational excellence through business-aligned services with a focus on quality, cost and risk. COG comprises the following divisions: Business Improvement and Strategy, Business Services, Human Resources, Market Operations, and Technology.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available. Our Technology Returner program is an opportunity for you to re-integrate yourself into the workforce following an extended professional career break. Find out more and apply at https://www.macquarie.com/au/about/careers/jobs/returner-program Advertised:
31 May 2019 AUS Eastern Standard Time Applications close: