Automation Test Engineer - Institutional - Sydney
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Feb 19
Automation Test Engineer - Institutional - Sydney
Automation Test Engineer - Institutional – Sydney
First a bit about ANZ
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to ‘why’ – our purpose – to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
ANZ has started to move to a new way of working, leveraging agile practices. To understand more about this new way of working and if this role is right for you, we strongly encourage you to take a look at The ANZ Way vimeo channel where you’ll find ‘The ANZ Way’ animation and the ‘New Ways of Working’ animation.
At ANZ we aim to create an inclusive environment where employee differences such as gender, age, culture, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and religion are valued.
The Institutional domain will deliver full end-to-end world class products and services to our global Institutional, Corporate and Commercial and Retail customers across Asia. It will incorporate capabilities across areas of Investment Banking, Trading and Sales, Cash Management, Wholesale Lending and Trade Finance and with a single view of a customer to better integrate business and technology in creating a seamless customer experience.The domain will lead digital transformation in areas such as trade and supply chain management to create a seamless customer experience.
Regulatory and Compliance
Provide and maintain regulatory reporting, surveillance and compliance support services to enable ANZ to comply with its regulatory obligations.
Engineer design, build, test and support applications and / or underlying bank infrastructure. They work closely with squad members to ensure outcomes meet customer expectations.
In the role of Automation Test Engineer, you will act as a validation and quality assurance expert and review the functionality of existing systems. You will conduct requirement analysis, define test strategy & design and lead execution to guarantee superior outcomes. You will also be required to design an optimal test environment to simulate real-time & batch scenarios. You will closely work with the business and technical analysts, developers and be a part of a multi-disciplinary team that define and test changes on the OTC & MIFID Technology Platforms.
What does a 'day in the life' look like
- Contribute to the digital transformation of a leader in the banking industry
- Identify and implement development approaches that best support the cost effective maintenance and growth of the testing solution/platform into the future
- Work collaboratively with the business and technology partners to design solutions that can meet current and future testing needs
- Ensure development outputs are of a high quality
- Identify and implement opportunities to improve test automation development processes and tools with the aim of reducing development effort and cycles of test execution
- Participation in agile ceremonies (sprint planning, story estimation, retrospectives, etc)
Role Skills and Responsibilities
What will be in your toolkit
To grow and be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following:
- Extensive experience in software Test automation tools and working in fast-paced Agile Environments
- Extensive experience working in Behaviour-driven development and Test-driven Development environments (BDD TDD) tools - Cucumber and JBehave.
- Experience developing modular, extensible, re-useable components as part of a broad architecture.
- Strong experience in testing XML SOAP, RESTful web APIs.
- Strong experience in creating end to end CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Continuous delivery) solutions using tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo, Team city, Dockers and containerisation tools.
- Strong experience in JIRA and Atlassian tools and integrating them to automation testing framework.
- Basic understanding of Data Architecture within Financial Markets – Instruments, Trades, Positions, Risk, Cash Flows etc.
- Proficiency in relational database models, SQL queries, XML data models including FpML and MS Excel
Things in The Squad Member Toolkit
Things that I am (or strive to be)
- A team player – I know we only win if we all win. I recognise and value the different perspectives and skills my squad mates bring. It is not about being a hero but jumping in and contributing to the successful delivery of our mission
- The customer’s biggest fan – I demonstrate a thirst for better understanding the customer and define the problem and develop solutions through their eyes
- A collaboration champion – I work closely with my colleagues to ensure alignment and champion the sharing of learning across teams
- Comfortable being uncomfortable – I am comfortable with uncertainty and have the ability to effectively manage myself through ambiguity by making meaning, building relationships and creating clarity with my peers
- Continuous improvement junkie – I constructively challenge the status quo, I look for better ways of doing things and passionately advocate continuous improvement
- Committed to my own and other’s growth – I strive to stretch and grow myself and others by identifying my own development areas, seeking feedback and providing feedback to others to help them learn and grow everyday
- A problem solver – I am energised by tackling complex problems. I use my critical thinking, network, skills, knowledge, and available data to drive better outcomes for our customers and the bank
- Commercially and Tech curious – I have a wide-angled lens. I am curious about what’s happening in the external market and in emerging trends and innovations (technological and otherwise) and how we use this information to better inform our decisions and actions.
- Risk savvy – I build sustainable solutions that protect stakeholders and customers and proactively address risks by role-modelling improvements in the bank’s overall risk and control environment.
How I contribute to the ANZ culture (New Ways of Leading)
- Be Curious - I create a learning environment by modelling, encouraging and rewarding curiosity and purposeful experimentation
- Create Shared Clarity – I bring people on the journey, creating a shared understanding of our context, purpose, goals and progress. Even when it’s ambiguous, I create focus and enough certainty to deliver and succeed.
- Connect with Empathy - I listen to, care about and connect personally with people, striving to put myself in their shoes. I have courageous conversations with empathy, which help everyone move forward.
- Empower People – I give people the space and confidence to think, decide
- and act with autonomy, and trust that they can deliver exceptional things with support and encouragement.
- Grow People Selflessly –I help others to see their potential, grow and be ready for a future that is constantly changing. I challenge myself to do the same.
- Integrity – we are honest and fair
- Collaboration – we work together for the customer
- Accountability – we take ownership and get things done
- Respect – we care for all we serve
- Excellence – we challenge ourselves to be better
Visit our ANZ Life page for more information on how we work at ANZ
We’ve also got some great information about what it’s like to work in ‘Data@ANZ’ on our LinkedIn Life page
We’ve also got some great information about what it’s like to work in ‘Engineering@ANZ’ on our LinkedIn Life page
We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us and let us know how this role can be flexible for you.