Australia Rates Sales - Analyst
As an Analyst in the Australia Rates Sales team you will learn to cover clients and assist with the day-to-day execution of fixed income products such as bonds and interest rate swaps, along with inflation and volatility products as well. The markets you will cover are primarily Australia and New Zealand, but also with exposure to broader G10 Rates markets. You will assist the Sydney-based team and the wider G10 Rates Sales team in Asia with executing transactions for a broad range of clients (bank treasuries, issuers, asset managers, insurance accounts, pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, hedge funds, etc). You will be working closely with our partners in Trading in Sydney, Singapore and Tokyo, and also Syndicate and Research. Your key responsibilities will include:
To be successful you will need:
- Providing comprehensive client coverage, including fulfilling client requests for market updates, and providing clients with market intelligence.
- Delivering the overall franchise to our clients, from first-class Research to our capabilities across G10 Rates Markets
- General sales back-up, fielding client inquiries and pricing requests
- Assisting with the execution of clients orders and the full trade booking process, including confirmations
- The role is based in Sydney
- An understanding of Derivatives and a strong understanding of Macroeconomics
- A strong mathematical background and a high standard in both written and oral communication to interact with internal partners and clients
- To be a strong team player that is detail oriented with a highly disciplined approach to process and quality control
- Have the ability to learn quickly, multi-task and self-manage priorities
- Perform well under high pressure situations with the appropriate degree of urgency
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, and any experience with Bloomberg would be viewed favourably.