Australia/ New Zealand Director MESG -Relationship Manager
Job Description Role
The Australia Regional Director MESG will oversee all MESG sales activities (ESG data & Climate, SME and Sustainable Finance) in Australia/ New Zealand. He/she is responsible for the sales of our products/services and ongoing relationship management of our clients and partners, all of which will drive the overall growth of MESG in the region. He/she will also build and lead a growing sales team in Sydney. Responsibilities:
- Work with the global head of APAC MESG sales to define and implement the sales strategy for the region including market analyses, marketing, sales and customer support.
- Market & sell MESG products to asset managers, banks, asset owners insurance firms, corporations and other organizations in the region.
- Develop and enhance strong relationships with clients, prospects, partners and other stakeholders.
- Lead and participate in all proposals for contractual relationships with MESGS's clients including request for proposals and request for information.
- Provide current forecasts and regular pipeline information to management.
- Meet established sales targets, while creating new and enhanced customer relationships ensuring satisfaction.
- Work closely with Product Specialists, Product Managers, Marketing Strategists and other colleagues across the Moody's organization to leverage their appropriate expertise to the sales cycle.
- Collaborate with colleagues from Marketing and Research on outreach campaigns such as brand building for MESGS, webinars and commercial projects to increase market share in the region
- Represent company at industry and company sponsored events, as required.
- Position requires travel.
- Bachelors' degree in Finance, Economics, Sustainability or related area required, MBA desirable.
- 10+ years experience in a sales role within in a software/services organization with a successful track record in sales, preferably selling solutions to the global marketplace.
- Understanding of ESG, sustainability and/or risk analysis within our target markets (asset owners, asset managers, corporations, banks, insurance companies, governments, etc.)
- Experience in managing (directly or indirectly) other sales professionals.
- Ability to sell on a needs/solutions approach.
- Ability to influence key decision makers during the full life cycle of the sales process.
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills as well as outstanding client relationship management experience.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Creative problem-solving skills and ability to diagnose issues and develop solutions.
- Ability to multi task and meet short deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and within a global team environment, with focus and high attention to detail.
- Fluency in English is required.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.