- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Associate, Operations & Service Management
- Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Associate, Operations & Service ManagementAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Roles & Responsibilities
Service and Operations Excellence :
- Service the Exports commodity clients -
- 100% conversant in Trade Finance matters and able to hold sensible transaction conversations with key exporters
- Solid understanding in Documentary Credits, UCP600, LC Confirmations, Negotiations & Discounting, Incoterms and International Trade Finance
- Acquire quotes from relevant countries for Letter of credit confirmation
- Organising pre-check of documents and advise rectifications
- Facilitate the routing of original documents to the booking location
- Advise the client on documents / transaction status
- Handle Standby LCs / Bank Guarantee Issuances under Syndicated and Bi-Lateral facilities
- In-depth knowledge of URDG 758 and ISP 98
- Charges Accrual and Billing
- Advise the client on the Guarantee / Standby LC status
- Review and action the Loan Drawdown Notices
- Rollover / Repayment of Loans and Deposits
- Manage the Liquidity borrowing and position
- Build trusted partnership with clients at the daily transactional / operational level through
- Regular phone/email contacts with client contacts
- Proactive updates on outstanding issues
- Understanding client expectations and needs for quality client services
- Conduct and agree periodic service reviews with key Tier 1 clients
- Operational and Regulatory Reporting
- PMI and Revenue Reporting
- Client engagement - managing the end-to-end service experience for clients
- Providing the client with: statements, invoices, billing statements, explaining to the client what items on the statements are.
- S2B, in case of remote training will help facilitate language issues. Promotes S2B channel.
- Monitors client's pending inquiries with timely updates in GEM/CRM on outstanding issues such as Funds, Return and unable to execute, follow up on pending payments. Clearing products and trade such as non-receipt LC advising, Reimbursement enquiry, LC payment status, etc.
- Continually identify opportunities to improve client efficiency / performance, through e.g. optimizing channel usage, identifying service improvements, product solutions, and cross-sell opportunities
- Back-up the Service Management Roles
- Educate clients on various systems Eg: Straight2Bank, Swift payment formats in EUR, USD, INR, IBAN Numbers, Fed etc.
- Keep client abreast of recent changes in clearing environment
- Agree SLA with Key clients (e.g. frequency of follow-up, frequency of reverts to clients etc), monitor adherence and monitor client feedback. Share and discuss this with stakeholders.
- Identify cross-sell opportunities - through new products to the benefit of clients
- Stakeholder Management - undertake regular monthly conversations with TB Sales team and key product team to deepen understanding of client needs on an end-to-end basis
- Continuous Improvement - demonstrate proactive stance in developing creative solutions and overcoming problems for clients
- Active participation/coordination in on-going initiatives, projects, client surveys
- Comply with applicable Money Laundering Prevention Procedures and, in particular, report any suspicious activity to the Unit Money Laundering Prevention Officer and Line Manager.
- Adhere to policies including escalation and compliance requirements, and follow any other relevant internal controls and procedures as they relate to process, products, policies and regulations
Our Ideal Candidate
- Organised and detail orientated
- Computer literate with the ability to learn client service applications
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Questioning skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to recognize basic styles of customer behaviour and how to adapt each style to create positive 'chemistry'
- Able to identify and manage both transactional and operational risks
- Ability to work under pressure
- Intermediate level Cash and Expert level Trade Finance product/process knowledge
- Solid understanding in Documentary Credits, UCP600, URDG 758, ISP 98, LC Confirmations, Negotiations & Discounting, Standby LCs and Bank Guarantees
- Minimum of 5 years in Trade Finance Documentary Credit / Bank Guarantees
- Basic Corporate Loans product /process knowledge
- Adept at data collection, analysis and reporting