Associate Economist I, Sydney/Singapore
Job Description A unique opportunity exists for an energetic and enthusiastic Associate Economist to join our Sydney or Singapore office. The duties are varied and include the analysis of countries and sub-national regions across the Asia-Pacific. The position requires the production of regular high-quality written commentary in a timely manner on a broad range of economic and market trends, while also producing baseline and alternative scenario forecasts under tight deadlines using our global macroeconomic forecast model.
- Analyze data, contribute country and city analysis for company publications. Contribute to our website, Economic View, by covering economic indicators along with writing brief topical analysis.
- Gain expertise sufficient to act as direct resource to external and internal clients for certain countries and cities.
- General spreadsheet analysis; gather and interpret economic data for internal and external clients.
- Assume responsibility for forecasting and analyzing country and sub-national economies with assistance from peer editor, supervisor, and product editor.
- May contribute to research for consulting projects and research articles including summarizing and organizing materials and producing charts, tables and maps for client reports.
- May learn and use database management software to access and transform data. Adapt existing programs for new uses.
- May provide routine client deliveries under supervision
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in Economics or related field.
- Relevant internship or coursework required.
- Good writing skills and experience in the use of statistical software packages.
- Must be a motivated, responsible individual who can work well with others and independently.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work directly with clients are a must.
Moodyâ€™s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moodyâ€™s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.