Associate, ETF Product Specialist
- Not Specified
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Oct 18
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
ETF & Index Investments:
BlackRock’s ETF & Index Investments (EII) manages over $3.0 trillion in global index equity assets across US Equities, Developed Markets, Emerging Markets, Commodities and REITs. This includes BlackRock’s iShares product line, the leading provider of ETFs in the world, with over $1.8 trillion in assets under management across more than 900 ETFs and the industry's broadest array of investment choices. The EII team has primary offices in San Francisco, London, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Sydney.
The EII APAC group serves institutional and retail clients in the Asia Pacific region, on ETFs and indexing investment solutions.
Professionals within the APAC EII Product Team work to deliver, manage and monitor iShares investment vehicles, relevant to our clients. The ETF Product Specialist works with the EII Product Team, overseeing the local product range and platform, and assisting sales, providing product analysis and collateral and supporting analysis to drive iShares product selection to the sales force in Australia. The position is based in Sydney.
In addition to working with the client business and global product colleagues, the iShares Product Strategist will work closely with other EII and partner groups, such as Marketing, Fund Administration and Operations, Markets, Portfolio Engineering, Legal and Compliance, Corporate Communications, Tax, Strategic Product Management and Technology, as well as external stakeholders including index providers, external registry, exchanges and regulators to ensure the efficient operation of the business. The ETF Product Specialist will bring in new ideas for products or product enhancements and contribute to the successful delivery and ongoing maintenance of high quality passive / indexed products for Australia. This role will provide an opportunity to be a key player in a strategic and dynamic environment that provides exposure to a wide variety of new product development and business processes, leveraging on BlackRock’s local and EII global resources.
- Become a subject matter expert on all aspects of iShares products and operational processes
- Support the iShares platform, responding to queries and identifying areas of improvement
- Support both the local listed products and the “Global to Local” initiative in Australia. This includes:
- Developing and maintain product collateral, presentations and customized product analysis that articulate investment objectives, characteristics, performance, and relevant competitive advantages
- Respond to client enquiries, business partners and internal stakeholders regarding the technical and operational features of the products
- Implement and manage procedures in relation to operational risks, governance and regulatory obligations
- Produce and/or validate regulatory reporting for locally registered iShares products
- Communicate any product changes and new launches that are relevant to Australia
- Complete business proposals and research/consultant information requests
- Assist with the implementation of iShares local product changes and new launches ; lead simple range management projects and coordinate with internal teams and external partners
- Assist the Head of Product Team with ad-hoc strategic projects, understand market developments and identify new business opportunities
Experience, Skills & Knowledge Required:
- 3 - 5 years + relevant financial services experience with the following qualities:
- BA/BS in Finance, Economics or related field
- Tertiary qualifications in a related discipline.
- Demonstrates a high level of initiative and ability to work under pressure and be comfortable taking primary responsibility for deliverables assigned
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to coordinate meetings and conduct effective briefings/presentations
- Strong relationship management skills with internal and external partners to deliver results
- Strong project management experience, excellent organizational, prioritization and time management skills, with attention to detail
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) skills required. Bloomberg, MPI and Morningstar familiarity/skills a plus.
- Experience in indexing with a working knowledge of ETFs preferred and a complementary understanding of other investment vehicles
- Strong professional integrity and ethics
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.