- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia
- 21 Feb 18
Associate Director, International Products, Institutional Banking and Markets, Sydney
Associate Director, International Products, Institutional Banking and Markets, SydneyJob no: 997617
Work type: Permanent full time
Location: Sydney CBD Area
Categories: Institutional Banking, Product Management
Institutional Banking and Markets (IB&M) is responsible for managing the Group's relationships with major corporate and government clients and institutional investors, and provides a full range of capital raising, transactional and risk management products and services. For more detail on IB&M please visit this Site
The International Product team within Cash Management & Payment Solutions (CMPS) is responsible for the Management of International Products for Inward Clearing Services (as part of our Clear Connect offering), Outward Payment Services and Foreign Currency Account Management across the different customer segments/channels.
Your impact and contribution.
You will support Product Managers in performing regular product pricing, strategic reviews, produce detailed analysis to help with the ongoing P&L management & strong internal stakeholder management. Our biggest two points of difference as a bank is our service culture and position as a technology leader. You will support Product Managers drive retention and assist with growth by working collaboratively with a broader team focussed on delivering world class products and leading edge innovation to our clients.
The core objective of your role is to ensure the bank delivers best market practice in all existing & new offerings. You will help Product Managers define requirements of wholesale international bank clients and/or foreign currency account holders/customer with outgoing International Payments needs. In particular the role will undertake the following work;
- Adhere to Product & Development framework in terms of strong governance/disciplined approach. This includes ongoing agreement and implementation of a Product roadmap within your portfolio.
- Detailed analysis of business requirements and customer requirements.
- Identify and assess the impact of regulatory change and risks that could prevent Banking Products from achieving its strategies.
- Review MIS and reporting and provide input into Product Management Dashboards.
- P&L management and ensure product profitability through use of standard use cost models.
- Support Product Managers' across Risk and Compliance by liaising with Credit risk, Operational risk & compliance in terms of ongoing product management.
- Identify product and process improvement ideas that arise in the product development lifecycle in addition to listening directly to the "voice of the customer".
- Your experience and qualifications:
- Our ideal candidate is an astute Product Manager with sound Financial Institutions (banking) background in particular experience working in the International Payments business. You will have a strong understanding of Wholesale, Commercial and Foreign Currency product offerings.
- You will draw on exceptional stakeholder management skills to engage and Sales teams. You will support them with knowledge, material and tools to take our value proposition to the market.
- Your ability to collaborate and influence internal stakeholders across Marketing, Risk, Finance, Legal, Go to market and operations will set you up for success.
- Demonstrated client service focus.
- Proactive in presenting domestic and international market intelligence that relate to changes in competitor offerings (Banks & PSP's/Fintech) including technology platforms and emerging technologies for Management to review and action.
At CommBank, we're committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value's driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focusing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you.
Please apply online to be considered for this role. Have a question about your application, our process or what happens next? Click here for some of the most commonly asked questions about applying for a role at CommBank.
We value you and won't leave you hanging. Our advertising closes 28 February 2018 but expect to hear from us within a week of the closing date. Best of luck!
Advertised: 14 Feb 2018 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 28 Feb 2018 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
It's our people's talent, initiative, ideas and energy that help us achieve great things, together.