Associate Director - Transaction Manager, Issuer Services
Some careers have more impact than others.
We're looking for progressive minds who are driven, perceptive and forward-thinking, who are open to different ideas and cultures, who can connect with our customers and who will work with courageous integrity every day.
As an HSBC employee in Australia, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes market leading subsidised private health cover, enhanced parental pay/benefits and support when you return to work, wellness days and wellbeing programs as well as a highly flexible workplace culture.
Issuer Services proposition is designed to support and enhance the corporate strategies of leading global companies, financial institutions and capital market investors. Our vast network, local knowledge and client-focused services enable us to provide tailored corporate trust and loan agency solutions.
We are currently seeking a client focused strong team player to join the Sydney team Issuer Services (ISV) as a Transaction Manager, Associate Director covering syndicated loans, project finance export finance, escrows and other products as required.
You will be responsible for reviewing documentation and coordinating comments with various external and internal parties, to ensure compliance with APLMA and Group standards and also perform analysis of the transaction structure as a whole from a legal and operational perspective to identify any potential issues or unusual duties/obligations.
Your role will oversee deals from the on-boarding and execution of new transactions to assisting with the post-closing day to day management of deals including but not limited to coordinating the conditions precedent and conditions subsequent, handling waiver and amendment requests, monitoring submission of covenants and performing periodic review of the transaction as well as maintaining adequate records in all required systems.
This is a multi-faceted role that requires candidates to have documentation review and negotiation expertise whilst being willing to assist the Client Service team. Your main responsibilities will include
Qualifications To be successful in this role, you will bring
- You will be expected to perform a professional and proactive review and negotiation of a portfolio of complex transactions, coordinating with external counsel, internal Group Legal, Client Services, Operations, Business Development and Risk where appropriate. A good understanding of legal issues, reputation risks and an ability to identify areas of possible operational issues is required to ensure ISV does not sign up to duties it cannot perform
- At all times work pro-actively with clients and peers to ensure a smooth and high standard of service delivery to our clients and execution at pace
- Identify, formulate and implement policies, practices, controls and procedures to maximise efficiency and effectiveness
- Ensure appropriate governance and adherence to internal controls so that risks are identified, understood and mitigated
- Engage with and undertake all ad-hoc duties and/or tasks and special projects as required
- Workload volume is generally fluctuating but can result in significant pressure on your time management. A flexible approach is required at all times
- You will take responsibility for assigned workload while at the same time being able to escalate issues where appropriate. You will be responsible for the negotiation of transaction documents and have the ability to bind ISV to contractual duties. Good risk management, negotiation skills, an eye for detail and ability to anticipate issues are essential
- ISV operates in the Bank Debt Market (principally the Syndicated Loan Market) and manages a mix of business generation, documentation, operation and relationship management/customer interface with a broad spectrum of globally based clients. Regular contact will be maintained with a very wide variety of both internal and external customers. The diversity of both customers and location requires the jobholder to be flexible, proactive and up to date on current market standards and practices.
Due to current international travel restrictions and border closures, we will look to prioritise those candidates who hold either Australian Permanent Residency or Citizenship.
- Post-qualification experience as a banking and/or finance lawyer alternatively substantial banking experience
- Capital market experience in negotiating APLMA documents beneficial
- Strong product knowledge and Australian loan markets experience including syndicated lending, export finance and project finance
- Thorough understanding of APLMA industry standard and best practices
- Ability to negotiate to ensure HSBC is not exposed to any legal, operational or reputational risks
- Ability to work consistently under pressure in a high-performing environment, multi-task and manage competing priorities
- Ability to respond in a time critical fashion to issues arising from new or existing transactions
- Willing to face challenges and accept additional responsibilities