Associate Director – Real Estate Debt Fund
- Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Salary: Excellent
- Job Type: Full time
International Fund Manager. Real Estate Debt. Associate Director role with the opportunity to Originate and Execute.
- International Fund Manager
- Real Estate Debt
- Associate Director with the opportunity to Originate and Execute
Our client is a leading international fund manager, with presence in Europe, Asia and Australia. The firm provides a renowned investment management platform and manages a significant portfolio on behalf of their investors. They invest across multiple asset classes – equities, fixed income, infrastructure, corporate loans, and real estate. Strong market activity and the successful launch of a new debt fund has seen a greater opportunity for them in real estate. As such, they are now looking for an Associate Director to join their Real Estate Debt team in Sydney.
Reporting to the Head of Real Estate Debt, your key responsibilities will be:
• Assisting the origination and sourcing of new real estate transactions
• Analysing and assessing prospective transactions, including high level fundamental analysis and cash flow modelling; preparation of term sheets and deal overview papers for clients
• Preparation of credit and investment papers with a focus on sponsor and transaction analysis as well as managing the execution process
• Managing and monitoring existing real estate debt investments in the portfolio as well as presenting on new investment opportunities to the relevant investment committee
• Managing transaction pipeline and ensuring relevant information is communicated back to investors and the investment committee
• Other operational and compliance actives as required
You will bring a minimum of 7-10 years’ experience in real estate debt investment (fund), advisory, lending or credit or related and have a demonstrated understanding and passion of the Australian real estate markets. It is expected that you posses strong technical skills, including experience in cash flow modelling, and strong MS Excel skills across real estate debt markets including the operation of debt financing/investments. An understanding of investment & development loans characteristics and of local debt/lending practices will be highly regarded.
You must have full working rights for Australia to be considered for this role.